How do people hear about AO?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do people hear about AO?

How do people hear about AO?

I have been wondering. How do those people who come on here and post like a question hear about AO? Like when people come on here and say like "My little brother changed my password and how do i get into my account now" (hypothetically speaking). Well how do those people hear about AO? I heard from a friend and came here to learn hacking. When infact i got here and learned that this site isnt even about hacking. Then I got into the security and programming aspect of computers.

Kryptonic

If you search for Hackers on google AO comes as the 4th-5th result, so people assume that it's about hacking, and to be honest the file achieve on here doesnt really tell people we're about security (een though the tools are almost all outdated), so people assume, oh they got that and this in Downloads, ""they can help me to hack my girlfriends hotmail so i can see if she's a lesbian and doesnt want to be with a retard like me !""
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

er0k
    mainly search engines, specifically google. you type in computer security at google, ao is like 4th.. etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc *50

Ahhh....yea I kinda figured it was search engines. Its wierd some of the people we get here with their poor social engineering attempts.

I used to visit antionline before it was a forum .. just to read the security news etc, then when it changed to a forum based site I visited it on and off for a while but never signed up. Then one day I just felt like it . Some of the guys at work saw me browsing AO aswell and signed up but they never post heh

Ive received the indication from a security guy that runs a forum like AO here in Brasil..
    Meu s癃io

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Dead Man Walking
    Its also listed ina few books. Steal this computer:book 2 from no starch press is one of them. I cant remember the others off the top of my head

I've known about AntiOnline for 6 months or so. I just enjoy reading it in my spare time, never really thought about signing up and posting myself :-)

I was searching for security certs on google, found antionline, and it was love at first site
    A mind full of questions has no room for answers

I found AntiOnline through the Attrition.org site. They have a nice loving relationship with JP and I decided to check out Antionline to see what it was all about.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)