Coming to England in november

Thread: Coming to England in november

er0k

Coming to England in november

I will be coming to england in late november, don't have the exact dates yet but i will update asap. I will have two free days to where i do basically anything i want, and will be in the london area. I will also visit oxford, bath, stratford-upon-avon, and several other cities during the duration of the trip. If any of you all (i have already talked to slarty) want to meet up and have a beer or something it would be kind of cool to do. Brits that is.

Just let me know in this thread.. no ap please, and no flames/reason to have this thread closed because i will be forced to post a new thread and i dont want to have to do that.

Hmm....make sure to talk lots of pictures for us. Ive always wanted to go to england.

What's the drinking age in England?

Isnt the drinking age like 18 or something. Or maybe its like mexico...if you can see over the counter you can drink.

Regal Making Handler
    Drinking age is 18. Some places are very hot on underage drinking, some are not. Just remember to get a drink in befor last orders
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Banned
    hey simple simon lives there may be he can show you around!

********** |ceWriterguy
    On drinks - couple things you might be sure to try, but be careful, they're addictive.

First - scrumpy. Good hard apple cider. Strong enough to tear you down, yet you can't seem to taste the alcohol.

Second - snakebite. Half pint of the pub's strongest scrumpy mixed with half pint of the pub's strongest bitter. Mess you up in half the time.

Have fun on your trip! Wish I was going too.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Custom User
    Oh god...after a summer of me and a friend drinking the 2 for a fiver deal (two 3litre bottles of cider ) most days, I can't drink it anymore. And if you really wanna experience something, you should come to Scotland :P

j/k but have fun on your trip.

ac

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Second - snakebite. Half pint of the pub's strongest scrumpy mixed with half pint of the pub's strongest bitter. Mess you up in half the time.
    Snakebite round here is half Cider, half Lager. Moot point really, as it has been banned by most of the pubs round here because of its ability to make any string of p155 think he can take on the world.

And believe me, Liverpool is mad enough on a Saturday night without it.

I will have two free days to where i do basically anything i want, and will be in the london area. I will also visit oxford, bath, stratford-upon-avon, and several other cities during the duration of the trip.
    er0k:
    Now I know that the UK is small fry compared to the wide open spaces of the States, but you intend to do all these cities in TWO days ...............

Whatever you decide on, enjoy the trip, and it's true about the warm beer.

Ask your guide ? about CAMRA, go to the pubs they recommend.

http://www.camra.org.uk/SHWebClass.a...owCat&CatId=11

For the Cider men amongst us:
    http://www.camra.org.uk/SHWebClass.A...Doc&DocID=9173

And for the best of British pubs:
    http://www.camra.org.uk/SHWebClass.A...Doc&DocID=9012

There is a picture emerging of nothing but booze in the UK..........
    I'm certain there is SOMETHING else.............

If you find it, please let us know
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

********** |ceWriterguy
    Fox, thanks for the update. You were right, it was lager - not bad for not having been there in 13 years though eh? Odd they've outlawed snakebites...hrm. Well, maybe not, 2 good pints of them made for quite the interesting evening. Darts... I remember playing darts vaguely and getting my arse kicked in a scant couple of rounds. I think the most interesting part of my last trip to Portsmouth though was teaching a nice pretty bird about the mysteries of iced tea, southern style.
    Well, that and the wonderful cafe I found that had steak and kidney pies and these marvelous pastries. The warm beer isn't that rough. Most pubs have their kegs in a cold cellar so it's at least a little chilled - not quite the ice crystals I love in my beer, but hey. Someday I should like to return there and see more of the countryside instead of just the towns. I imagine it's pretty much the same, just having the pubs a bit more spread out.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!