Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prophetic Fullfillment?

Prophetic Fullfillment?

Of course one can almost always find a way to apply Biblical Prophetic Fullfillment to almost any situation. However this one seems a bit more pronounced, and I have to wonder that if the "sword that is not of man" (meaning not a weapon) is in actuality Democracy? The supporting descriptions are interesting. Now I don't claim to be a scholar where the Bible is concerned, so don't blow you top fellas. I just found this to be an interesting read/possible interpretation that I thought would result in an interesting discussion.

Cheers,

Assyria \ã-'sir-é-ä\ n (1998) 1: an ancient empire of Ashur 2: a democratic state in Bet-Nahren, Assyria (northern Iraq, northwestern Iran, southeastern Turkey and Syria.)

The Bible - Isaah 31:8

8 "Assyria will fall by a sword that is not of man;
    a sword, not of mortals, will devour them.
    They will flee before the sword
    and their young men will be put to forced labor.
    9 Their stronghold will fall because of terror;
    at sight of the battle standard their commanders will panic,"
    declares the LORD ,
    whose fire is in Zion,
    whose furnace is in Jerusalem.

Isaiah 32

The Kingdom of Righteousness

1 See, a king will reign in righteousness
    and rulers will rule with justice.
    2 Each man will be like a shelter from the wind
    and a refuge from the storm,
    like streams of water in the desert
    and the shadow of a great rock in a thirsty land.
    3 Then the eyes of those who see will no longer be closed,
    and the ears of those who hear will listen.
    4 The mind of the rash will know and understand,
    and the stammering tongue will be fluent and clear.
    5 No longer will the fool be called noble
    nor the scoundrel be highly respected.
    6 For the fool speaks folly,
    his mind is busy with evil:
    He practices ungodliness
    and spreads error concerning the LORD ;
    the hungry he leaves empty
    and from the thirsty he withholds water.
    7 The scoundrel's methods are wicked,
    he makes up evil schemes
    to destroy the poor with lies,
    even when the plea of the needy is just.
    8 But the noble man makes noble plans,
    and by noble deeds he stands.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

Banned
    Greetings All:

People try to relate actual events that occurred to the crap that Nostradamus wrote too. It's an exercise in stupidity.

JP, honestly, are you remotely capable of respecting any opinion that's not yours?

Spy, I'm skeptical...It's hard to say because we'd need to see the context this segment of Scripture resides in and the historical backdrop of the time. I'm presuming you're thinking these verses most strongly suggest your idea though?

1 See, a king will reign in righteousness
    and rulers will rule with justice.
    2 Each man will be like a shelter from the wind
    and a refuge from the storm
    That's hard to say, because even in the monarchial (is that a word?) governments, there were rulers under rulers, so it doesn't necessarily mean a democracy. We've seen over history that other forms of government can be successful as well, as well as being usable by God -- it's just that in our modern age, democracy seems to be the most reasonable one.

It's an interesting thought, but I'm weary of really going anywhere with that until further researching that OT book and the history surrounding it.

I agree JP you have become (or maybe always been I don't know) an arrogant wanker since you sold this site...

All you ever post about is how **** the bush administration is and how people who may like george bush are idiots. Or something like the above post. And yeah you probably don't give a **** about the site anymore so you don't have to be nice.. but you don't post anything worthwhile posting..

No need to reply

How many civilasations have come and gone in that area? hundreds? How many wars? Thousands?
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Banned
    Originally posted here by AngelicKnight
    JP, honestly, are you remotely capable of respecting any opinion that's not yours?
    I think that all I was doing was posting my own opinion, which is "prophacies" are stupid.

Originally posted here by fyrewall
    I agree JP you have become (or maybe always been I don't know) an arrogant wanker since you sold this site...

All you ever post about is how **** the bush administration is and how people who may like george bush are idiots. Or something like the above post.
    Actually, I've posted answers to a bunch of technical questions as well. Maybe the reason you think that these are the only types of threads I post in, is because these are the only types of threads that you read?

As for being an "arrogant wanker since I sold the site". You obviously must not have been a visitor to AO for all THAT long. Otherwise, you would remember my Weekly Mailbags. I took being an "arrogant wanker" to levels unbeknownst before.

And yes, people that do like Bush ARE idiots.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    And yes, people that do like Bush ARE idiots.
    I like bush over the competition.... Please feel free to explain to me how I am an "idiot"... Bear in mind _before you start_, that I agree with several of your positions......

Have fun... I look forward to your response.... (Which I note, never comes when I do speak in threads you proffer your opinions in).....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

I liked the weekly mailbag it made me laugh, but they were emails directed to you that you made an example of so people would stop emailing you with crap .. where as these posts instead of posting **** you could just ignore ..

Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
    So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
    Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
    http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/k...IV2&byte=37049

Not making fun, but it did seem appropriate. We all seem to be speaking different
    languages.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    To get back on topic somewhat: As for prophecies in the Bible, please remember that some of them may have been written down AFTER the event happed, and thus where not real prophecies.