Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burner problem

Burner problem

My CD Burner has been working fine until just a few days ago. I have a nice CD burner and Nero 6, but now, when I try to burn anything (music/data/whatever), it says its all fine and dandy, but when you take out the CD to look at it, there is nothing physically on the CD. No music, no data, nothing. This really sucks because my classes are really boring and I need something to listen to.

If you have 2 cd-roms make sure the right one is selected i nero !

try re-installing nero or use a different program like Windows Media Player to copy some songs. Just to see if the program is malfunctioning.

And try to re-install the hardwares driver!
    O.G at A.O

sounds like its simmulating a write to the cd but is not actually doing it .. you have to make sure you have the correct device selected in nero

up the top go to recorder then choose recorder .. it may be in there

if not let me know and ill keep pretending i have a clue

How old is the CD burner?

Will it play/read CDs?

When did you last clean it?

Cheers

The correct drive is selected (especially considering this burner is the only one that is in this computer at the time). Ive never cleaned it, but it will both read and play CDs just fine. Its no more than 4 months old. Maybe 6, I dont know.

Right, that has eliminated a few of the usual suspects

As suggested, can you try another CD burning package?

Are you using media that you have used successfully before? and can you get someone to try one in another burner.

It has to be:

1. Hardware
    2. Software
    3. Media

I am just trying to narrow it down a bit

I doubt its the media, its worked fine before. Good brand. Ive tried WMP but it had this Nero plugin or something so Im not sure if it was actually Nero or WMP that was the software being used.

I am assuming that it is both data and Audio CD's you are having troubles burning..

I would try uninstalling the Drive in the device manager .. restart the pc.. and give it another run.. if that fails

Uninstall the CD Burning software.. remove the drive in Device manager(again).. restart and reinstall the cd burning software..test ..

If it still fails.. the Burner is up to ****.. replace warranty..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Im guessing in the device manager that the thing I have highlighted is the CD burner.

Unless you have 2 CD-ROMS, then YES !
    O.G at A.O