Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Apache Problems

Originally posted here by philman213
    This is ****ing bullshit. Can anyone help me? I completly disabled all firewall stuff and did a fresh install of apache with Listen 80 and ServerName 192.168.0.1 and it still doesnt work.
    Did you look for the config tester? Regardless, when I scanned your post I did overlook it mentioned a configuration line number (120) as the source of the problem...Since you aren't, as far as I can tell, doing anything fancy with proxies or with virtual hosts, just comment out the Listen directive and try it again...of course chances are you have screwed with it enough by now that something else is hosed

Look for the config tester, I wouldn't suggest it if it wasn't worth your time.

EDIT:

PS: I am a paid professional, I work a very hard and long day. During this time, I try to scan through posts and offer help during those few free seconds each day. Sure I might overlook stuff and sure I might not be able to help, but I don't appreciate seeing the attitude of your last post, it for me personally, makes me much less inclined to help you and spend anymore of those precious seconds...

Now, it has been a 14 hour day, my ass is going home...that ok with you?
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

First off, sorry I was not directing my anger to you, or to anyone for that matter. Okay so Ill try to put a # before the Listen 80, and then Ill lsearch around for the tester thingy. Do you mean the Test Configuration thingy? I did that and it said Syntax OK.

Banned
    philman213, check your PM's.

[edit]
    With some trouble shooting via AIM, the problem was solved, two problems were found, a) he kept putting in the hostname of his router as the ServerName and Domain during the install rather than his internal IP, and b) McAfee was being an ass and wasn't allowing him to start it.

Did you say you tried changing to listening port? from 80 to somehting like 81?

inf0streaker,

unless you have perfected time travel, I would doubt if the originator will respond. This thread is almost 2 years old.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

So it is. guess i should pay more attention to the date :P