and thoughts so far. I do appreciate it!

Posted by SecGod

Have you deleted any software recently; point being maybe you deleted a dll that is shared.
Nope! I had actually considered that, good question though.

Posted by Maverick811

This may be way off the wall, but I would run a complete Scandisk on your hard drive. I've had some troubles in the past (admittedly not with AdAware) where a bad or corrupt spot on my hard disk would cause system scans (such as a virus scan) to hang up. Usually a Scandisk can fix the issue.

Thought is probably way off base, but it's just something else to try for ya..
Hmmm... I think I'll give this a go. It's a distinct possibility. One thought though, doesn't Spybot look at DLL files? The Spybot scan completed, admittedly it was just a simple scan. I'll try a thorough scan with Spybot to see if it has the same problem. Then a scandisk & defrag. It'll have to wait till I get home though, so be patient waiting for me to post the results.

Posted by Relyt

Actually I did just read a post on a similar thread, at the Lavasoft site, that indicated that could be a possibility.
Thanks for adding weight to that idea Relyt. You too Und3rtak3r!

EDIT
When I get home I'll see if I've been authorised to post on the Lavasoft forums. If I can I'll post there and post a link in this thread, along with any updates.
/EDIT