Red Hat 9.0 Install Problem

Thread: Red Hat 9.0 Install Problem

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar

Angry Red Hat 9.0 Install Problem

I recently downloaded the iso's for RedHat9.0 from www.linuxiso.org and this is the problem.

i took it home and booted from cd. pressed enter to use the graphical install option, [problem 1] and if RedHat8.0 installation is anything to judge by, that was NOT graphical install it was very dos like with the little blue boxes ( you all know ).

so i went with it anyways, and chose my language and k/board setup, [problem 2] then it told me to insert the RH disc as if it wasnt there. thinking it may have been a corruption when i burned it to cd. i used VMware (full version) and tried to install from the image file itself. still same thing. so i was wondering before i downloaded the iso again, incase it was the dl that corrupted it, whether or not anyone else has come across this problem, if its the actual iso or if indeed it was corrupted during some transfer.

Thanks in advance - screenshot attached

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

maybe its a sign you shouldnt use RH

and no i personally have never had that prob, have you tried reburning the image to another cd? your cd rom can obviously read blank cds because it booted up from the cd ... so id try another cd

lol fyrewall, smart ass

hehe, well my next intention was slackware, but i wanted to get both running under VMware.. i mean, why not right?

[edit]I also tried installing it from the image, so it must be the iso. [/edit]

Anyways, any help would be appreciated
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

where did you download the iso from ... www.linuxiso.org i have never had a problem with.. thats if it is a corrupt iso

yea, it must have been a bad iso. more than likely during the download. oh well, i guess i'll just dl it tonight and get back to you guys tomorrow.

Cheers.
    - Albert Einstein

Check the checksum of the image before you burn/download another (search for md5 summer here or google) the checksum to compare should be posted where you got the iso. I actually do remember having the same problem with redhat9 but it was so long ago i am afraid i can't remember what i did to solve it or even if i solved it (i think i just said f8ck it cause it was just a lark). I would just install slackware, you will learn more and frankly its just plain superior.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Thanks lumpyporridge.

the hash's didnt match, and i'll asssume corruption during download. so i will do it again tonight.

CTO

thanks all
    - Albert Einstein

last night i downloaded the iso again, checksum ads up so all is good now. however im a little uneasy about putting VMware on again. http://antionline.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=262340 see here for reason.

any suggestions? otherwise, i might just put it back on and if i have any problems remove it and live without it on this compy. Cheers all

CTO
    - Albert Einstein