newbie looking...

Thread: newbie looking...

newbie looking...

I'm new to this site and wanting to find the best place to start. I'm a novice and looking to build a good base of understanding security and how it works.

try the newbie questions forum.. and search in the tutorials forum for something you are interested in and learn about it .... if you have any questions ask them and they will be answered as best as can be

visit

www.securityfocus.com
    www.wbglinks.net
    www.packetstormsecurity.com
    www.zone-h.org

Thanks fyrewall appreciate the information!!!

Banned
    I would not suggest going to any of those sites except for the obvious reasons which is articles and downloads. As for WBG... the l33t h4x0r jazz ain't for me... im not a big cyber-beatnik like fyrewall over here. I would suggest learn C++, maybe get into web development, just anything to really fall back on so you won't be homeless and poor like I am. Also I would suggest you understand what stack overflows are, understand the initial concept of memory allocation, you know... how and why programs tend to muck up.

Learn about your own computer. Get snort and setup various file/sys auditing and setup policies. Don't be one of these users that go about their ways with the same defualt settings from install and on top of it all, do everything in admin or root like 99.9999% of home-users... some even running varieties of OS with a large variety of vulnerabilities due to neglect and stupidity.

well he wanted to learn about security so i showed him where to go what it is etc those sites are good for overviews and detailed events etc....

not so much for learning but for more news on security and about it ..... wbglinks has some good links tho .. as they all do

Cheers Fyrewall. Im going to have a look at those sights now.

Keep up the good work

lol Tenny .. someones bored .. ...