Unwarranted Survellance

Thread: Unwarranted Survellance

Banned

Unwarranted Survellance

http://www.securityfocus.org/news/9565

"Hacking victims can seek law-enforcement assistance to combat hackers just as burglary victims can invite police officers into their homes to catch burglars," wrote Ashcroft.
    Ashcroft you fat piece of ****, stop talking out your ass. The Patriot Act(I, II) doesn't do that at all... Anybody else sick of hearing these ****ers and their lies?

A proposal in the U.S. Senate would scale back a federal surveillance law that permits law enforcement agencies to electronically monitor a computer trespasser without a warrant with the consent of the victim.

It is only a proposal at this point in time

Originally posted here by fyrewall
    A proposal in the U.S. Senate would scale back a federal surveillance law that permits law enforcement agencies to electronically monitor a computer trespasser without a warrant with the consent of the victim.

It is only a proposal at this point in time
    the funny part is how the law agent knows that the victim is a victim and the other guy is the trespasser. I can see a lot of problem. can i demand a surveillance just posing as a victim and consenting it? no warrant? b.s.

it will allow the feds to tap every communications just for fun.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

You all do realize this article is about a senate measure to LIMIT those "unwarranted" surveillance capabilities. Meaning they don't need a warrant to sniff out a hacker. However if some dUCK is filtering credit card numbers off my customer database why the hell would I need to go get a warrant to have a cop look at MY pc on MY network and MY internet connection. Now if they want to monitor at the ISP then yeah, get a warrant. This bill or measure is a good thing with some common sense balance as the patriot act expires or outlives it's usefulness.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.