Thread: Problem booting from XP CD!

Problem booting from XP CD!

Hi ppl, first of all i know that this is not a forum that supports piracy what so ever, but i have a problem.

My Liteonit Burner 52x24x52 supports CD Booting has my BIOS, i can for ex boot from a Linux Distro has Knoppix, but i cant with XP!

I have 3 ISOS of it, two in Portuguese and other in English, they both work 100% has i sucessfully installed XP with those 3 CDs, but they dont boot from DOS, and i have to use the Boot Floppys.

I made an experiment with Nero and choose make Bootable CD, put the files of XP and when it asked me for a disk floppy i put the first of the 6 floppys of XP, and them burned it.

Them it worked, of course has i knew it would ask me for the rest of the floopys but the experiment was complete, now...i just need to make the CD bootable..but i dont know how..the folder i386 has all the floppy´s files, i dont understand..

Can anyone help me?
    Owmen

AO French Antique News Whore
    Check my tutorial here... http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=262329

Number 7 to 11 might help you but number 1 to 6 will probably also.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Hmm,

1. Does the machine normally boot into Windows?
    2. You should not have to use boot floppies with XP..............it should boot from the CD if you have elected to do so in the boot sequence in your BIOS
    3. If you boot up, then install the floppy does it autostart it?

Thanx for the help guys! SDK ur tutorial really nail´d it :P thanx alot!!

By the way, the cdsector.bin works with Windows 2003? Cause it has the same probs that XP to boot from the CD.

If it does that would be great!!

Once again, thank u!
    Owmen

AO French Antique News Whore
    It should work on any OS if you use Nero 6.
    -Simon \"SDK\"