Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ad-Aware SE Build

Banned
    thanks for the suugestions!!
    it really helped!
    thanks once again!

I actually prefer SpyBot search and destroy because if you remove adware from your computer and it messes up your computer you can run system recover and repair any programs it maay have curropted

System recover is not a Spybot feature, it's a Windows feature. Just go to system restore and set a restore point before you run Ad-Aware. If anything screws up, then restore.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I have removed a post that had a link towards a pirated copy. Please remember that WAREZ/SERIALZ are not welcomed here.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    System recover is not a Spybot feature, it's a Windows feature.
    I think he is referring to the restore point feature within SpyBot. If you are too agressive in moving what you feel is spyware, you can simply restore it from the system restore point generated within the SpyBot app.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    AdAware has a quarantine feature that allows you to re-fit what ever you had mistakenly removed.
    Although it is an auto generated list of ALL that you removed at that time, once you have restored; it will allow you to re-run the search, and this time only remove the bad guys .....
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    whats going on with these adaware progs. I downloaded a new version one day and the next day I come on they made a new one? Doesn't really matter just a question.

Hoopy Frood
    They've made changed to each release. Perhaps they released it too early and were just adding in a few last minute features that are nice or fixing a few bugs that were reported by their users.

Regards,
    Xierox
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    both adaware and SB SD are good programs... i run both at the same time just to make sure that i get most everything...
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted