Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: English -- Not your best language

English -- Not your best language

You have a problem or a question but perhaps english is not a very good language for you to make yourself understood in. Try this:

Post your question in the best possible english that you can. Please state the problem, and your operating system specifics, and what you have already attempted to fix or answer your problem.

Then post the same thing in your own language. This is a international community and it is possible that some one else speaks your language and can translate it into a more understandable form for the rest of us. Also some of us have translator extensions on our browsers and can ( if it is a major language that is loaded) translate it into a more understandable form also.

Any one who wants to add a translator extension to Firefox: https://update.mozilla.org/extension....php?pageid=11
    About 2/3 of the way to bottom of page, there are 3 different programs.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Banned
    Is there supposed to be a question or is this just one of those misplaced informational posts?

AntiOnline n00b
    hi

Is there supposed to be a question or this just one of those misplaced informational posts?
    Good Guidelines For non-English speaking people here?

Sticky ?..........

Google language tool can be helpful for translation form some languages......but as i found out the translation is sometimes not completely accurate ...

http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

Mox~ is so right!

Or send it in a PM to me and I will have a go............

I cannot give Mox~ positive APs because I have done it recently, maybe that is a problem?.........you are not allowed to be frequently correct or helpful?

Nice thinking mate!

Originally posted here by ;TT
    Is there supposed to be a question or is this just one of those misplaced informational posts?
    I put it where the newbies would be sure to see it ...... especially if they have a question they are trying to post.

Our mods are excellent and if they think it would be better in another forum, I am sure they will move it.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    It will [hopefully] be made a 'sticky' and is an information service.
    That should allow those with English problems to give and receive assisstance.
    It is in this section, because the new member will come here first

[edit]three responses at the SAME time .......... Surely some kind of record ?[/edit]
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    moxnix- good insight! It seems as though non-native english speakers try too hard sometimes and mess up in the process. This will definately help.

Good info moxy, i remember user who came here and dint get the help they needed because of poor english !

three responses at the SAME time .......... Surely some kind of record ?
    Nope, we've had more in the non-sensical thread !
    O.G at A.O

not bad at all mox...
    yah i actually have a friend who has very poor eglish and when hecomes over i use the google translator to see what he is really trying to say.
    But since i like mozilla better looks like i am getting that one right now.
    thx for that .link

Old Fart
    Actually, this one should be a sticky in EVERY forum.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...