Thread: problem with IE

problem with IE

i am having problem with my IE v 6,iam unable to load the google hompage sometimes.IE shows the error message "unable to load search page".BUT WHEN I PING google.com the host is shown to be alive.Coud u guys figure out the problem

ummm you should check your properties on IE and set the security and privacy to default and then clear your cookies and all old cookie files and then page history. that should do it that is usually the normal problem or you can just get mozilla firefox.

Or if you IE is messed up bad i think a internet registry mechanic program can do the trick but give the first one a shot and then the last and give mozilla a shot i never have problems with it.

and by the way i would not use hacking terms on here most people will neg you but AO is very generous from my understanding so you should be all right untill you start getting higher in rank.

yah so ping may turn people on here against you... but me personally. if you are not saying you are hacking you are good but if you ask a question on how to you will prolly be gone in an hour flat. just a forwornig
    I have seen it happen! sad sad thing....lol
    well yha i hope you take this in to mind.

One Solution: Use firefox as many members have turned their backs on IE ! And what version of windows r u using, since IE will only be updated for XP from now on.....

www.mozilla.com/firefox

enjoy the 1337 f1r3f0x group
    O.G at A.O

Here is one thing you can do:
    1. Go to 'Tools' on your upper bar
    2. Internet Options
    3. Privacy
    4. Sites
    5. Inter the Google URL in the box
    6. Click on the 'Allow' button

That will add Google to the 'Allow' list and it should work without any problems in IE after that. (note > you might have to reallow it when you clear your cookies and temp files)

and by the way i would not use hacking terms on here most people will neg you but AO is very generous from my understanding so you should be all right untill you start getting higher in rank.
    jr05linux what the 'H' are you talking about..........ping is not a 'Hacking' term. It is a process or command that is used for various trouble shooting and security activities. Check this out > http://www.antionline.com/jargon/
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    You could be having 'problems' with your firewall.
    I have Norton NetSec 2004, and the F/W has to be disabled sometimes ???????
    whenever I need to access some sites.
    It is a known conflict [my ISP is Virgin UK] their techs have scratched their heads and come up with nada.

Just a thought:
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

yah so ping may turn people on here against you... but me personally. if you are not saying you are hacking you are good but if you ask a question on how to you will prolly be gone in an hour flat. just a forwornig
    I have seen it happen! sad sad thing....lol
    well yha i hope you take this in to mind.
    WTF? Man just shut up.

xmetaphysics, my suggestion to you is to use another browser. Do a little cleanup for spyware and adware too.

Re: problem with IE

Originally posted here by xmetaphysics
    i am having problem with my IE v 6,iam unable to load the google hompage sometimes.IE shows the error message "unable to load search page".BUT WHEN I PING google.com the host is shown to be alive.Coud u guys figure out the problem
    Is yer Pc in a network like ( home Netwrok ? )

i dunno peepz but looks like dns problem , Try Defining the DNS on your machine
    in tcp/ip Properties .

i had this Problem once , and when i defind the dns it just worked .
    lol Networks sometimes amaze me !
    yerz
    mOO