Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'd like to submit a formal complaint about the system

er0k
    i dont understand how thats ironic, this is hogfly's thread, not anyone on my ignore list.. therefore for that reason "that" is not ironic.

Computer Forensics
    exclusion from a forum because of arguements on the internet does nothing but perpetuate the childish behavior that is prevelant on this site, but to each his/her own I suppose....

The ignore only works one way...Either make it work both ways or not at all. *shrug*
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Computer Forensics
    Originally posted here by er0k
    i dont understand how thats ironic, this is hogfly's thread, not anyone on my ignore list.. therefore for that reason "that" is not ironic.
    Yes this is my thread So quit the nonsensical sniveling and little pot shots... before I am forced to thrash you.
    Be constructive or leave this thread alone, it's as simple as that.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

er0k
    are you joking? That was hilarious

Computer Forensics
    I was actually serious....I suppose I could ignore you to keep you from posting, but I don't work that way.
    Antionline in a nutshell

Trust your Technolust

er0k
    you: a. start a thread in the obvious wrong forum, complaining about a lack of community, when you choose to post it to where the entire community can't read it

b. fail to recognize others who posted non-constructive post(s) in this thread, and single them out, again showing you don't really give a **** about "The community"

c. double post, as a moderator i would think you would know how to use the "edit" feature.

d. have annoying as bitching and whining about AO in your sig, yet complain about a "lack of community inherent in AO" and no im not quoting you, that sums up why you think this idea of yours should be implemented.

e. we were discussing the idea of your thread, testing it to be true, and confirming yes or no. How is that not constructive to your thread?

shove your problem with me up your ass or quit complaining.

Bleh.. I feel something gurgling in my stomach.

*fart*

That feel's alot better. Let's all calm down and not start another flame war. Christ, AO sure has been full of hatred lately, has it not?
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned
    Greetings:

How is it that virtually every thread, no matter how uncontroversial the original intent of it was, ends up becoming a flame war?

Really, this AOLish atmosphere really needs to come to an end.

As for the matter at hand: The original intent was that if you had someone on your ignore list, they could not reply to a thread that you started (along with hiding the threads and posts of those on your ignore list, people on your ignore list not being able to PM you, etc).

Obviously any of these attributes could be easily changed. I would suggest making something under site options that allow individuals to turn on/off various aspects of the ignore function.

Greetings:

How is it that virtually every thread, no matter how uncontroversial the original intent of it was, ends up becoming a flame war?

Really, this AOLish atmosphere really needs to come to an end.
    Holy ****, I actually AGREE with JP on something. That speaks volumes guys, that means we need to calm the hell down and stop the ****.
    Space For Rent.. =]

er0k
    i believe the answer to that question is simple, differing opinion and ego.