The Reading of Sticky's

View Poll Results: Which Battle Style?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pokemon Style: Random generation of enemies, invisible to user.

1 100.00%
  • Zelda Style: Visible enemies with predetermined coordinates

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Reading of Sticky's

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar

The Reading of Sticky's

Reading another post in the forum in which the content and 'intructions' on not what to do etc was brought up and how important it is and so on.

Now, i can honestly say, that i have never read a sticky. this may sound quite up-myself, but i believe its full of things for newbies, and with experience in forums and that i already know what its going to tell me (and i do already know) - its true.

the question i pose, is how important do you think the stickies are and if you have ever read them to just read them (in other words, if you read them without looking for certain information.)

should be an interesting thread

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

I read my first sticky in the addicts forum when i first got in there .. the only one i have ever read was in there ... but its us who are missing out by not reading them (i think - apparently) heh

well, sometimes i do read them, it just depends on the topic.

but most of the time, i don't, simply because i already know what it is going to tell me

I read several of them when I first joined the site, and I generally read new ones just out of curiosity.... Whether or not I read one now depends on the topic and the author.

Flash M0nkey
    I've read quite a few and written some - i do believe they provide alot of information. Yes some is common sense and is the same across any forum but others are more AO specific and can give a newcomer a good insight into the site and what is the best way to be accepted here.

v_Ln

[semi-off topic] how can this thread, with 4 posts be very negative???? who is negged and why?[/semi-off topic]

Flash M0nkey
    there almost back to middle again

still need to get used to this variable points thingie as to how many i need to give out - lol

v_Ln

Dead Man Walking
    the question i pose, is how important do you think the stickies are and if you have ever read them to just read them (in other words, if you read them without looking for certain information
    If they were not omportant the mods wouldnt have made them sticky in the first place.

Yes some is common sense and is the same across any forum but others are more AO specific and can give a newcomer a good insight into the site and what is the best way to be accepted here.
    You stole my thunder. I guess it realy depends on the topic. I dont tend to read the "newbies read this" ones anymore. But some of the others are good ones to read. I actualy not to long ago went in search of a sticky that wasnt sticky anymore because i needed some links from it.

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    [semi-off topic] how can this thread, with 4 posts be very negative???? who is negged and why?[/semi-off topic]
    To answer this, it was me who was negged because of the nature of the thread or perhaps because ive never read the stickys. it was only at 25% so i am told and only by one person. so nobody stress

CTO

Thanks for the input guys
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Heh heh heh, I guess I'm wierd........I read virtually ever thing posted. ( well, at first, I probably don't keep following threads that turn to chit, but do read the parent posters post and the first couple of answers to the original). That includes all the stickies.

Even the ones for newbies, cause some times they can teach me something I didn't know or was unsure about.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown