Spread FireFox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spread FireFox

Spread FireFox

An experiment...

Because just about every IE problem thread boils down to "download FireFox", we're making it official:

Click here to get FireFox

This is the official Spread FireFox thread where one community (ours) can check out another that's been blissfully surfing without falling prey to many of the problems that have afflicted Microsoft's browser. That, and they've managed to help Mozilla rack up 2 million downloads in 10 days. Not bad.

Plus, there's a built in pop-up blocker, tabbed browsing, search box (Google by default), skins support and a tiny download to boot (relatively speaking). We're not saying you should dump IE, that's up to you. But if you're ready for an alternative or simply curious, click the above link.

Link to this sticky when you encounter folks fed up with drive-by downloads and a myriad of IE bugs. Let's see how many more downloads the AO community can help them rack up (stats on the right-hand side of the Spread FireFox homepage)! Click here or on the graphic in my sig.

More Info:

Join the Spread FireFox Movement
    FireFox Web Site
    System Requirements
    WinPlanet Review: Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird: Microsoft Alternatives Come of Age

Post your favorite Mozilla/FireFox resources.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Personally, I'm more partial to Mozilla itself. But my fav resource for them is Plugins for Mozilla Development. Things like themes, adblock, blog utilities, google bar, etc.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

From now on i'll just reffer everybody to thsi thread, no more Download Firefox sentences needed

Tx Admin !
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

I <3 Firefox

Bah. If you can't look at it in links it shouldn't be on the internet.

Heh, so like, does this mean we can take the Windows is better than Linux ad at the top? If you'd like I'll contact Novell and see if they want to buy some space, or you can. I'll even click on it.

phernandez: You really like Firefox, eh? Don't worry, I do too..
    Space For Rent.. =]

Ok so I might end up deleting this post but my thoughts are this: Is there any way we consolidate some of the stickies in this forum before the entire fing front page is nothing but stickies? And for the record: I don't object to this particular thread being sticky.

Banned
    Bah, you wanna go substiture IE for Firefox because you're too lazy to secure IE so that it works at the level you want it, then go ahead, but know this, hiding from a problem is only a temporary solution and only time will tell what will happen.

Although I am in love with Firefox's tab system, I don't think endorsing a product because of your inablitiy to disable ActiveX (for starters) in IE is the right way to go. =\

Yea, you're right, using the file explorer for Windows as a Default browser that the company stole and renamed and won't secure unless you use XP or pay $99.00 to Microsoft is a grand idea!

Damn, next you people will be telling me SP2 doesn't break anything, lol.

Greets

Just food for thought.....As we shift to and popularize Firefox, I'm fairly confident we will see a significant increase in the number of issues discovered in this browser. Granted it's not a shell renamed a browser, but as more folks convert over, the deviants will increase their efforts as well.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.