Thread: Thread point status

Thread point status

There are three things (2 links and one line) at the top of every thread, for example this one:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=251158

In this particular thread, I noticed:

The Overall AntiPoint Status Of This Thread Is: very positive
    Assign Positive or Negative AntiPoints To This Thread | View AntiPoint Assignments Made to This Thread
    However, if I click on the 'View AntiPoint Assignments Made to This Thread', I get:
    http://www.antionline.com/threadAPs....hreadid=251158
    This thread has not yet received any AntiPoints.
    And out of curiosity...what does the first link do? Give points to the thread starter? Everyone in the thread ? It seemed kinda vague so I thought to ask

Cheers,

neb
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Banned
    The "Overall AntiPoints Status of a Thread" is now a combination of two things:
    - The AntiPoints of the posts/posters.
    - The AntiPoints of the thread itself.

In the example you gave, users had been given AntiPoints (making it go "very positive"), but not the thread (therefore the "This thread has not yet received any AntiPoints.").

The first line assigns Antipoints to the thread and to the thread only. Users' AntiPoints aren't affected by it, just the thread itself. It's being discussed right here

Ahh...I don't think that was there earlier, but it makes sense now...you can nuke the thread and not nuke a particular person...will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Thanks neg!
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)