microsoft outlook not functional-pls help

Thread: microsoft outlook not functional-pls help

microsoft outlook not functional-pls help

hi,
    have a little problem with outlook
    when i clicl to open it get the message anable to open your default e-mail folders.could not open the item.try again.
    i uninstalled and reinstalled again and get the same message.
    any suggestions?
    (xp pro
    amd2600+
    512mg
    asus mobo)
    (have removed ie from pc or disable it?is that somhow related????
    thnks

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    You have deleted or moved your pst file.

Search you whole computer for the file pattern *.pst. If there are more than one look for the one that is dated as close to the time Outlook stopped working. Under options in outlook find where the Personal Folders were located and move the file you identified as the most recent to the location pointed to by the personal folders. You may find that you need to repeat the process for the file pattern *.pab which is your personal address book.

If you can't find the pst file then it has been deleted. Check the recycle bin and see it if is there. If it is then restore it. If not go back into outlook, go to options and delete your personal folders. Then tell it to add. Select personal folders and it will create a new set for you.

Hope this helps.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Just Another Geek
    Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express?

If you're using Outlook, do you have an Exchange server?
    Sounds like Oulook is unable to open the mailbox on the Exchange server.
    This is usually because a) the account doesn't exist b) you don't have permission to open the mailbox.

(You can uninstall IE via Add/Remove Software but rest assured after you've done that IE is still there )
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

i have microsoft outlook and outlook express but have problem with microsoft outlook.
    did not find any *.pst file, couldnt restore from recycling bin, couldnt restore from system restore(it was turned on month ago )
    i can not go tomicrosoft outlook at alll-it tells me you can not open your default e-mail folders.could not open the items.try again.and when i clik ok then it ask me do you want to open your default file system folder instead.and if i clik yes it display my computer folder with all my drives and shared and my documents.
    tried uninstaling and instaling again but no difference

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Go and delete the old pst and pab through the control panel and create new ones there too. Then it will work fine
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides