Thread: PrevX home

PrevX home

To any PrevX home user or former user, I am contemplating of downloading the software. Please feel free to post your opinions and feedback about the software. You can PM me if you want as well. Also screenshots would be cool as well if any of you have any.

many thanks

You may look at the previous threads:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...ighlight=prevx

I am using it, but it really annoys me with a lot of popup warning windows when I try to install programs. You may need to turn it off temporarily while installing programs or patches.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Falcon:

er.... that's what it's supposed to do.....

If it didn't then it would have to make arbitrary decisions itself as to wehther to allow an install to take place.... I guarantee that would peeve you more.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

thanks guys. just d/l it 2 day. Really insiteful about possible types of attacks

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Nice.... I was just uninstalling AntiVir....

Previx popped up as the uninstall tried to do it's job and warned me something was being uninstalled...

I like that.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

I've been using it on two boxes for about two months.. like adaware pro's active thing and spybot's it can get a bit annoying.. ESPECIALLY if you have all three running. I can't decide which I should trust more.

the only negative thing I've seen about prevx is that it interfered with one of my son's apps he uses in conjuntion with AIM.. (remoteaway) but even with that, I couldn't find out which part of prevx caused the problem because after I renabled each section I had disabled, it continued to work.. hmmm.. oh well..

I ended up uninstalling PrevX home about 5 weeks ago cos ironic thing was I ended up with too much popups on my comp cause of probably misconfiguration. With the dialog boxes popping up quite consistently, its hard to tell especially under a lot of stress which is a legitimate process and which isn't.
    Since Ive uninstalled PrevX home Ive had less popups for some reason.

I have been using the version 1 and have since uninstalled when I see the version 2 is out. But I do not decide to install the version 2 after looking at their terms and conditions:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Prevx is committed to combating internet crime, the abuse of the internet and unauthorized intrusions into personal privacy. We believe Prevx Home is a powerful tool in this fight, providing you with protection while accessing the internet and information to help fight internet crime.

The Software is provided to you free of charge. In return your copy of the Software will report attempted intrusion events (the Attack Data) to our central database anonymously. The Attack Data is anonymous and cannot be traced to you or your PC. We do not receive or record any personal data that can or will be used to identify you or your computer. We do not require or request your email address or any other personal details to identify you or your PC. The anonymity of the Attack Data has been audited. You can read the audit report in full by downloading this PDF. It explains the details of the Attack Data and the purpose to which it is put.

On receipt the Attack Data is aggregated into our central database and used to produce general statistics on attacks, threats, their propagation and overall measures of the level of internet abuse and crime. We do not use it for any other purpose other than analyzing and publishing overall threat activity on the internet, researching threats, compiling statistics and to further refine and improve the performance of the Software. Prevx compiles and supplies summary, near real time, threat statistics to commercial organizations from time to time in return for a subscription fee. If you do not wish to be part of a campaign to fight internet crime then simply uninstall the Prevx Home protection software.

Your Help

Prevx appreciates your help in contributing to the fight against Internet crime. This fight cannot be won without the help and collaboration of the end user community. Prevx believes this is essential if the Internet is to be saved from destruction by misuse and crime, your Attack Data will play a part in helping with the effort to combat this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AO French Antique News Whore
    Put a firewall that block the software to reach the Internet, that it.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Good idea. But this software will generates so much events and its attempt to report to the database would cause system performance to suffer. That is why I don't like the version 2.