I need help with win2k sp4

Thread: I need help with win2k sp4

I need help with win2k sp4

I have win 2k sp4 on my computer I had 64megs of ram on it, last night I bought and installed a 128 meg stick of ram. bios reconized it just fine, but then win2k coutinually gets stuck loading. any ideas on why this is happening and how I may fix it with out reinstalling would be very helpful. thanx
    Life\'s a Dream, Wake Up!!!!!!!!!! -Zelfaldor

Re: I need help with win2k sp4

Originally posted here by Zelfaldor
    I have win 2k sp4 on my computer I had 64megs of ram on it, last night I bought and installed a 128 meg stick of ram. bios reconized it just fine, but then win2k coutinually gets stuck loading. any ideas on why this is happening and how I may fix it with out reinstalling would be very helpful. thanx
    Have you considered that you might have two ram chips of different speeds? This can confuse Win2k. I would try the 128mb stick alone (take out the 64 mb stick). (To see if Win2k loads) If it does, you might have Ram that is 2 different speeds.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Did you fit the 128 stick in on its own ?
    Or is it in with the 64 stick ?
    Sometimes RAM needs an EQUAL pair in to work, or at least it needs to be there on its own

Try the 128 stick on its own first .......

[edit] curse these slow typing fingers[/edit]
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

they are right, usually the speed,brand and CL-time might give problems like you discribe if the modules aren't compatible like that.

Thanx I will try this tonight as I'm at collage right now. I will let you know if it works.
    Life\'s a Dream, Wake Up!!!!!!!!!! -Zelfaldor