Thread: I need help with win2k sp4

I need help with win2k sp4

I have win 2k sp4 on my computer I had 64megs of ram on it, last night I bought and installed a 128 meg stick of ram. bios reconized it just fine, but then win2k coutinually gets stuck loading. any ideas on why this is happening and how I may fix it with out reinstalling would be very helpful. thanx
    Life\'s a Dream, Wake Up!!!!!!!!!! -Zelfaldor

Re: I need help with win2k sp4

Originally posted here by Zelfaldor
    I have win 2k sp4 on my computer I had 64megs of ram on it, last night I bought and installed a 128 meg stick of ram. bios reconized it just fine, but then win2k coutinually gets stuck loading. any ideas on why this is happening and how I may fix it with out reinstalling would be very helpful. thanx
    Have you considered that you might have two ram chips of different speeds? This can confuse Win2k. I would try the 128mb stick alone (take out the 64 mb stick). (To see if Win2k loads) If it does, you might have Ram that is 2 different speeds.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Did you fit the 128 stick in on its own ?
    Or is it in with the 64 stick ?
    Sometimes RAM needs an EQUAL pair in to work, or at least it needs to be there on its own

Try the 128 stick on its own first .......

[edit] curse these slow typing fingers[/edit]
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

they are right, usually the speed,brand and CL-time might give problems like you discribe if the modules aren't compatible like that.

Thanx I will try this tonight as I'm at collage right now. I will let you know if it works.
    Life\'s a Dream, Wake Up!!!!!!!!!! -Zelfaldor