Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet Explorer problem..

Internet Explorer problem..

Hello everyone,

Well today I decided to check my Gmail account, and I had to use IE since I can't check using Opera because it needs ActiveX activated (also Opera isn't supported yet with Gmail) and I don't find the option to activate it . When I open IE, and sign-in I see the Loading... screen, a few minutes later it finishes loading the page but I'm looking at a blank page. Gmail worked for me before I don't understand why it isn't working now. I'm on Windows 2000 Professional, IE Version: 6.0.2800.110615. And for all those who like to reccomend another web browser (e.g. Firefox), it's not what I'm looking for, I'm looking for the solution to this problem.

-Raion
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

And for all those who like to reccomend another web browser (e.g. Firefox), it's not what I'm looking for, I'm looking for the solution to this problem.
    ..know the feeling..

OK.. Start at the beginning..
    Have you Cleared Temp internet and C:\Windows TEmp folders? as well as cleared cookies..
    Check your security settings.. certainly if anything has upset the activeX settings..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Raion,

You SHOULD get another browser. Not as a replacement but as a cross checking tool. For example if another browser works and IE does not then you know that the problem is with IE. If neither work, then you know that the problem lies elsewhere. It speeds up the investigation process, believe me

Except, Nihil, in cases where the sites change the page based on what browser you're using. I know there are at least a handful of sites that read your browser ID and screw the page up if it's not IE... All of them associated in some way with M$.

I know that Google does not do this (site runs Linux IIRC), but who knows.

Wait.... GMail needs ActiveX? Since when?

Raion, quick fix.
    Tools
    Internet options
    Privacy
    Sites
    In box enter http://www.google.com
    click allow

( this is for XP.......ME will be under Security)
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Undertaker, yeah I did. I cleared both Cookies and Cache.
    Nihil, I do have another browser, Opera and I can't install another one because I'm lacking HD space (10gb of space isn't much >_&lt
    Moxnix, That didn't work.

I'm beginning to guess that it has something to do with the fact that when I open AIM I start seeing popups (probably AIM pop-ups), when I open IE, I get popups from the hijacked Homepage, should I post a HJT log?

EDIT: Winston: I have no idea but I get that error message through Opera
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

It's a problem with Gmail itself. It doesn't generate the correct page somehow with certain browsers. It doesn't have anything to do with your computer.

Beta service.
    Bleh.

Can't be that, because a.) IE is still used by a lot of users (so I believe) b.) It used to work with IE.

Blast From the Past
    maybe the spyware has messed with your activeX has a whole....mayhap we should find a way to reinstall...im looking at some results for activeX on google but im not sure what you would need to install to fix the possiable problem....anyone else have an idea?
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

Is there even a way to re-install Active-X? I want to format my HD but to format it I have to convince my brother to format (we must both agree since we don't have seperate computers).