Thread: disabling mouse acceleration on win2k3

disabling mouse acceleration on win2k3

i have faced one HUGE problem. i used to play games without mouse acceleration on winXP but now, on win2k3, i can't find how to turn acceleration off. google gave me some links but there were only few tips:
    slowing your mouse totaly. this will disable acc. but mouse will be hellable slow.
    editing registry: changing few values should disable it but it don't.
    any ideas how to disable it? in control panel/mouse/pointer options/enhance pointer precision? it don't do anything! maybe it looks that mouse moves without acceleration but when yu play, mouse moves fast again!
    any comments?

--
    looking for special software but all i can find is mouse rate changing and rate monitoring programs...
    for som\' **** from lithuania

Is this the same machine that you had XP on?

Sounds as if the game might be running too fast...........are there any settings in it to desensitise the controller (mouse) I have come across similar problems with old games on machines with 1.5 Ghz processors and faster, but it was the game not the mouse.

There is software that will slow down your processor to make it more compatible with older games, maybe that would help?

I don't know Windows 2003, will it support a serial mouse, that should be slower?

Cheers

yes nihil. it is the same machine but only with win2k3 (1ghz athlon thunderbird, DFI motherboard, 128mb PQI ddr). i don't play old DOS games. i play quake2. there are .reg files made especially to xp's mouse acceleration but it don't work on 2k3. telling the truth, those reg files didn't help on XP either. i used one program called nocheat (anticheat program made to quake2, like cheating death on CS) and it automaticaly detects mouse acceleration on winXP and disables it, but it don't work on 2k3. it seems that there is no woftware that can disable acceleration on win2003... sad...
    i just want to disable mouse acceleration but i don't want to slow my all computer down. in fact i'm trying to boost some more power from it
    and maybe anybody knows how to change mouse rate? the frequency that mouse sends to machine? in win95,98 i used ps2rate. it worked on XP too, (but i get an error that it don't work, but it worked). by default it is 80mhz, but i worked 4 years with 200mhz so the diffrence is very anoyable.
    any ideas?

OK,

Try this:

http://www.minicom.com/support/sipe5-1.pdf

Instructions on how to disable mouse acceleration in a variety of operating systems, including Windows 2003.

Cheers

thanx for the tip, but it isn't usable. there is writen: uncheck enhance pointer position. this works on win2k3 only, but when i launch a game, the accelerator launches again, and mouse again moves faster than it should be. restart didn't help either, i tried to change values in regedit, change settings on control panel and do something there, tried to restart again, and again... nothing..
    maybe anyone knows any mouse software? because want to play and i can shoot a thing
    maybe official software, given by manufacturers? maybe there will be something? my rat is a4 tech. old but very reliable. survived few crashed into the wall after dramatic fights.. its software doesn't allow to change rate or acceleration.. anybody uses mouse that goes with any software?

ARD,

I will try to PM you some mouse software this week-end............you will just have to see if it works with your one.

Sorry...........we are now in trial and error mode here, but could well work?

I will get back to you

Cheers

PS...........the "rats are dead" so it is legal software to pass on

thanx i'll try that rat-soft later
    --
    we are now in trial and error mode here - is it a new antipoint giving system?

Ard,

is it a new antipoint giving system?
    I like your humour!

Actually we are in the process of HACKING

I use the term in its old meaning. We have legitimate equipment and software, that does not work as we want it to? So we attempt to find a work around to make it do what we want.........that is true "hacking"

I see that you are Lithuanian. I promise not to suggest anything that is not totally legal under European law

Cheers