Thread: Clipboard Failure in Terminal Server

Question Clipboard Failure in Terminal Server

Got yet another wierd question to throw at you guys --

From time to time -- rather often actually -- cutting and pasting from a terminal client fails (W2k by the way). For instance, if I'm using a terminal services program to connect to our server, then through that session try to cut and paste something, oftentimes the cut won't go to the clipboard until I try a second time. It's quite annoying having to repeat cuts so often.

Now I'm googling this, and all I'm finding so far is the more common problem of having problems cutting from your local machine and pasting to your terminal server machine. Such is not my problem though -- both cutting and pasting is occuring on the server. So I'm not trying to cut from my machine and past to that one; I'm trying to cut from that one and paste to another place in that one.

But, nonetheless, half the time it won't copy to clipboard.

Does anyone have a clue what might cause this, and what I might do to resolve it?

AO French Antique News Whore
    I wonder if the Clipboard space/memory is shared between user on a Terminal. Is your Terminal really busy for : CPU? Memory? Hard Drive Access?
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Hmm...yes, it is usually pretty busy, as pretty much the vast majority of our employees all use it.

Network Card Busy also?

Clipboard is not a important thread cpu wise, that may be the reason.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

That could be it, indeed.

Are there any other possibilities that might cause such a problem?

To my knowledge, no... But copy/paste function are not always reliable for me 100% of the time either. I would said they fail 2-3% of the time.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

********** |ceWriterguy
    Mine dies that way too. I think SDK's onto it with network traffic/server loadup.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!