Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Call for tools..that people ACTUALLY use

SoftPerfect offers a really good network analyzer for Windows platforms.

Supports about 20 different kinds of packets, analyzes network traffic, and
    allows you to build and inject custom packets.

A really good network analysis tool for Windows...

www.softperfect.com/products/networksniffer
    We are a generation without a middle. We have no great war or depression. Our war is a spiritual one, our depression is our lives. We were all raised to believe that we\'ll all be millionaires and rockstars - But we won\'t.
    And we are slowly learning this fact...And we are VERY pissed off about it!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Best tool I've ever used for forensics....

.... mah brain! Seriously, it's easily portable, it's flexible and can adapt to any platform. Reliance on technology is one thing but truly being curious enough to dig and find places to dig is far more powerful, IMO.

There is something that I have been investigating however and that's Penguin-Sleuth. I haven't had a chance to fully muck about with it but it struck me as somewhat interesting. (Programs in the Live CD)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Computer Forensics
    msmittens: ya, but tools only get better with age while the brain degrades!

In future topics I'll discuss these two tools(they get better with age!!!). I use them both in my daily activities.

http://e-fense.com/helix

http://fire.dmzs.com/
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    Best tool I've ever used for forensics....
    .... mah brain! Seriously, it's easily portable
    Wait, it's not *that* portable: you need to carry the whole Body(tm) extension kit in order for it to work properly. And besides, forget about making a copy for friends, have you seen the EULA that comes with it?! I've even heard that copying it (what some call "cloning") is actually a criminal offense! And don't get me started on the cost of operation!

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

Right now im on helix 1.5 and i can tell you guys, looks great, im still exploring it..tx hogfly for the link....all the hardware automaticly detected, everything works great .....

I recommend it
    O.G at A.O

AFLAAACKKK!!
    I like www.dodgeit.com

Check it out and you'll quickly find out what it's all about.

If you don't wanna give a company your real email address then use this...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

sorry i havn't been post much to this forum, in fact i havn't been posting much at all, it seems evertime i come here i find a whole bunch of things i need to research. you've been keeping me jumping hogfly! thanks!

i noticed noone mentioned dumpel.exe from the resource kit. it dumps the event logs in the format of your chosing within the time period you specify. i find this far easier than using the event viewer.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”