Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Place to start for ALL beginners

Best Place to start for ALL beginners

I recently stumbled upon this new book titled: " THe Ethical Hacking Guide to Corporate Security" and I would like to recommend it to ALL clueless beginners who are looking for a good place to start and also ALL seasoned players who want to refresh their knowledge and have a good place to refer to. The following is my 2 cents:

This book is indeed one of the best books on computer security in the market currently! It has just the correct mix of both technical knowhow and business perspectives--thereby drawing a direct correlation between computer security and business profitability. The best thing that I like about this book is the fact that it is loaded with tons of real life cyber crime case studies from different industries in different parts of the globe. Every chapter in this book tackles a fresh security vulnerability/loophole that computer networks face on the Internet. The technical explanations are extremely detailed yet fun to read. Reading this book will definitely give you sleepless nights for all the mind-boggling security tricks that the author reveals. Full kudos to the author (Ankit Fadia) for unleashing such a comprehensive yet easy to understand security book!!! This much needed book will definitely help increase your security awareness in this Internet age! Moreover, it is full value for money too. I recommend this book to everybody who is even remotely interested in the wired world! A definite MUST HAVE! Some random keywords from the book include: Buffer Overflows, Trojans, Input Validation, SQL Injection, Keyloggers, Spyware, Spam, Email Forging, DOS attacks, Distributed tools, IP Spoofing, Onion Routing, Proxy Bouncing, Social Engineering, Stack Overflows, Format Bugs, Adware, Instant Messenger attacks and many more!

Title: The Ethical Hacking Guide to Corporate Security

Author: Ankit Fadia

Publisher: Macmillan India Ltd.

ISBN: 1403 92445 7

Isn't this the book that is basically wholesale plagiarism of other people's works and/or freely available websites? Or am I thinking of something else??
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

This book was released only a week back...have u read it?

Antionline Herpetologist
    Ummm... all of Ankit Fadia's books are the same. A bunch of plagarized tutorials from all around the web. He doesn't even have the brains to plagarize good tutorials.

Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    1. Please don't spam. You need only post this once.

2. After reading his first book, I question Ankit's ethics as a "security expert". In addition, it was truly lacking in anything really indepth as far as security.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I've read Ankit's books. These are nothing but " cut and paste " books !. The net would be

the most suitable place for a newbie to start. AO's got loads of tutorials and use google for

finding free e-books. I agree with Msmittens about Ankit Fadia. The only thing he did worth

mentioning was popularizing "ethical hacking" in asia.

Maybe I agree with your assessment of his first book. But have you guys read his next two books: " Network Security" and "Corporate Security"???? These two books certainly changed my opinion of Ankit Fadia.

No, I haven't ready Fadia's books, but I did a bit of net searching on him. One thing he does well is self-promotion. Next thing we know, Disney will be making a movie about him--based on a true story, no doubt.

haha!

Well i was planning to get the book "Ethical hacking" by Ankit phadia but now i have to think twice after considering the above reviews .

Instead try "Hacking Exposed" according to me its the bible for those who want to know and learn something about hacking.
    A laptop, internet connection and beer.