Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Win Xp Shines!!!

Banned
    thanks for the compliment but we need to get thing sorted especially if we are the ones who started it! isnt it?

Originally posted here by AngelicKnight
    That's impossible. You can't ever hope to successfully release an OS without holes, even if you're big bad Microsoft.
    Yes I realize that.
    I just don't like what seem to be Microsoft's attitude of lets get it on the shelf then worry about any problems later.
    Mad Beaver

Banned
    yeah i agree to that too!

BANNED
    If you're running linux and you think it comes without holes you should start looking into updating your system. There isn't an OS out there that doesn't need to be updated.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. And if you post back your OS I'm sure someone here can help you update.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

I just don't like what seem to be Microsoft's attitude of lets get it on the shelf then worry about any problems later.
    Well, to play devil's advocate (after all, Pooh's not here )....

This seems to be a no-win situation for MS. Because why is MS being criticized so over the 2006 release of Longhorn? Because it's taking so long! Why were they criticized for previous versions of Windows? Because it didn't take long enough!

See what I'm saying? I don't really have an opinion either way myself yet, as I've seen both arguments made, but it's worth thinking about...

Micros**t had to sacrifice its brand spanking new file-system WinFS to release Longhorn by 2006.

Personally I would have waited; but I like new-shiney gadgets
    # Now if I ever needed inspiration,
    Right about now where I lose my patience,

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Just because the steps were followed, doesn't mean that the interpretation of the data was done "unbiasedly". You have to realize that one of the big reasons why we're being picky as to the how is that this data can be swayed to give an impression of strong security and then users get a false sense of security
    Three types of falsehood:

Lies
    Damn Lies
    Statistics

No matter what the situation, people will need access to raw data to allow them selves to make their own opinion, biased or otherwise ........

OR: they need to see the COMPLETE set of parameters that were used in the testing environment.
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Sorry for the double post, but this just stood out, and an edit didn't allow me to access the thread fast enough:

from akshayakrsh:
    sorry guys i dont have the link to this survey coz i found it in the september'04 issue of chip magazine but i m sure u'll find one on the website of CHIP
    from SirDice
    You need to subscribe to be able to read the rest
    from MsM
    Were you part of the survey? Do we actually know HOW the survey was done

from akshayakrsh:
    as if the survey i was its part just for the beginning but i know each and every step that was actuallt followed!
    So, akshayakrsh;
    you WERE in the test, so you were registered ?
    you need to be registered to see the WHOLE test ?
    you didn't have the link: but you do now ......

Any chance that you could use said link, find said info, and post it here ?

And PLEASE stop with the one word / line answers.
    And add some details to your responses.
    it's like trying to strike a match on jelly trying to follow this.
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Originally posted here by muert0
    If you're running linux and you think it comes without holes you should start looking into updating your system. There isn't an OS out there that doesn't need to be updated.
    Very true!

I guess my problem is that linux is free and Windows is far from free but you have to invest the same amout of time securing the OS. But in the end what does it really matter, you have an OS and you need to plug the hole what ever it is. So good for Microsoft keep up the good work.
    Mad Beaver

Use the tool that will work best for you(although I wish people would put more effort into learning a little about said tool). I feel more comfortable using linux or openbsd, so that is what I use 90% of the time. XP gets the other 10%, although I will spend more time fixing XP problems.(maybe because I don't know as much about XP as I do about the linux distros I use)