California company gives away 100 GByte email accounts

Thread: California company gives away 100 GByte email accounts

California company gives away 100 GByte email accounts

And you thought Google's 1-GByte Gmail was big: Hellacious Riders, an online motorcycle magazine, announced that it launched a 100-GByte Email service to its users. The firm extended its offer with a challenge to THG readers for a 1000 GByte account.

http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews...27_194824.html

I think everone should encode their DVD collection and upload them into the email accounts, we'll see how log they'll offer big account after that, nobody can use 100 GB of text -emails ....
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

they are probably counting on the fact that noone will ever use that much space, and they probably have or will put limits on the file size to prevent anything other than mp3's coming through the pipe
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

Even if they did have a limit one could just split the files up and email them And that's more space than my HD has >_<

For the coming week he plans to launch a fee based email service with capacities ranging from one Gigabyte to one TByte. An ad-free 100 GByte email account will be priced at $150 per year.
    I would not pay $150/year and not use up all 100 GB - 1 TB, I would store my entire HD in there, fill it up and empty it about 10 times (Small HD, 10GB)

EDIT: Just noticed the date hehe.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

its all about the attention .. noone needs that space

Damn it looks like i'll have some place to store my pr0n collection then certainly would save on buying CDR's all the time...

FrOntY