Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do ppl crack cheat codes

How do ppl crack cheat codes

Hey everybody
    I was searching for some cheat codes, and google put forth a huge no of pages displaying the same.
    My question is how on earth do ppl crack the cheat codes???
    \"I\'d hate to have a kid like me\"

wtf are you talking about - cheat codes for games?
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

BANNED
    The game manufacturor's put them in the games when they make them and usually publish them in magazines they sell. People buy the magazines and post them.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Yeah, I am talking about cheat code for games......
    \"I\'d hate to have a kid like me\"

BANNED
    Yeah it's not really a security discussion guy. More of a general chit chat type thing.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

depends on the type of cheat -- if you are talking about stuff like "the kanomi code" or dumb codes in games like "all your base are belong to us" they are typically released by the creator either through strategy guides or game magazines.

if you are talking about trainers, that is a whole nother story. that is done by a program that is running in the background and then having it modify some of the hex code that is in resident memory.

um yeah... this is a gcc convo...
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

Along the lines of djscribble's post, basically you run a debugger in the background and try to perform one interesant action like get money . You see the associated values moved through the registries and create a file that runs parallel with the game, checking for specific codes [or key combos] which will then recreate that condition [or possibly with diff values in order to give you more money]

In Sims I think there was this file to be edited... changing one hex value to FF... gave you $1,000,000+... not sure if that's the game but anyway... that's the basics of it.

The codes you type in are added, indeed, at game coding time to give a twist to the game. Sometimes you get them when you finish the game [e.g. Postal 2 && Tony Hawk's] othertimes it's in game guides.
    /\\

Good ideas being reflected by hypronix and djscribble. THis is an interesting thing that many hackers crack the files and find the cheats by running background files and watching hex values. Could anybody list some tools too.. apart from ones like gcc being used by programming experts.

Banned
    Greetings:

Hex Editors are your friends. Hex Workshop is one of my favorites.

Alot of cheats are acutually developed for the purpose of testing the game, kind of a back door for the developer and the money cheats and stuff help test for bugs and boundries of the game. then are released in mags some just leak out and then get published.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com