***WARNING*** AntiVir Users
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***WARNING*** AntiVir Users

AO Ancient: Team Leader

***WARNING*** AntiVir Users

AntiVir's Updates appear, (zero response per an Ethereal capture), unavailable and Antivir currently does not recognize the later versions of some viruses, (Specifically Bagle late variants).

Anyone have any clue why the site is down?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

It's working just fine right now. (Slower than a herd of turtles in a sand storm, but that is nothing new. )

EDIT: Ok, it did die halfway through the update

Funny,

Got problems with PC-Cillin as well?

cheers

After 5 minutes or so it gives me the "There is an update" screen. When I click to D/L it's dead. Not good for people who think they are protected by AntiVir.
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

The most recent definitions can be downloaded here though: http://www.hbedv.com/en/ (new definitions today)

Groove: Too late..... If I can't trust the automatic updates then it goes.... I recommended this to all my users for home computer protection. Right now they are all unprotected from known threats.... I just sent a message to them all rescinding the recommendation and replacing it with one for AVG.... Let's see how long that one hold up.... It's fast though....

lol..I was just going to edit my post to say :Of course that doesn't fix the autoupdate problem " :P

It looks like their whole site is having problems Tiger, I can get to the main page, but everything under that times out on me.

DoS perhaps ??

Cheers:
    DjM

I have been having problems with AVG sending me the reg code, anyone else experience this? I have been reccomending avast! AV.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

AE: It cames through just after the link to the d/l for me in a separate email.