Thread: novell netware admin powers

novell netware admin powers

hi
    I am new to novell.i want 2 know if there is any way one system admin can find out another account with the same admin rights exits in the network in another username. or he can find out when he last login to the system.
    & where the password files are saved in the network and with the admin power wheather i can find out the passwords of other useres or admins

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    if there is any way one system admin can find out another account with the same admin rights exits in the network in another username.
    Yes. Run the admin console and look who has admin rights.

he can find out when he last login to the system
    Yes. Look at the audit logs.

where the password files are saved in the network and with the admin power wheather i can find out the passwords of other useres or admins
    Yes. Although without the version of (I assume) Netware, we can't help you. Each version stores this information in different files.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Hi
    Thanks for ur reply . dont mind but i want 2 know wheather i can erase the audit files and cover the fact that i had logined using the admin account.and wheather a admin check all this logs daily?by which command i look who has admin rights

i think we use NETWARE CLIENT 32 FOR WINDOWS 95

And for this thanks in advance
    bijoy

i want 2 know wheather i can erase the audit files and cover the fact that i had logined using the admin account.and wheather a admin check all this logs daily?

Ahhhhh yes, and that my friend is the reason why I was not step-by-step specific in my replies. Sounds like you are doing things that an admin may not want you to. Perhaps you should quit while you are ahead. It is clear that you are not technically savvy and likely will be busted by your admin.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

********** |ceWriterguy
    You do realize his other *exact* posting of this thread committed suicide because he asked a hacking question, right? http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=262662

Enjoy the reds, wannabe. I'll red this thread too if ya don't mind...or if you do.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

I wanted to be sure before I rolled out the Neg-o-matic 3000. As usual, they lay their cards down quicky.

hi guys
    i am sorry and thanks for ur replies. As u said i put my cards down even b4 i started playing. Again i am sorry actually i wanna check one girls often thats why i asked. Bcoz of u peoples advice i quit

bijoy

Just Another Geek
    Again i am sorry actually i wanna check one girls often thats why i asked.
    Do you grasp the concept of privacy?

Bcoz of u peoples advice i quit
    Another (potential) stalker bites the dust.....
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

i was recently involved in the firing of a guy who did something similar @ work. i didn't do the firing but i did the info gathering.

when at work, do work ppl. don't do stupid stuff. it's hard enough finding a job these days. leave the stupid stuff for friday night's drinking night.
    More cowbell! We need more cowbell!
    http://www.geocities.com/secure_lockdown/
    - - -
    \"Is the firewall there to protect you from the outside world or is it there to protect the outside world from *YOU*?\"