Can't install winxp

Thread: Can't install winxp

Question Can't install winxp

I have 2 hard disk. Winxp is on my first hdd, and i tried to install fedora on my 2nd hdd.

After that, I can't boot into windows. The error was "error loading operating system"

I have format the windows partition and reinstall winxp but it is still the same result....

Anyone can help ?

If you can't get this problem solved even after reinstalling windows then my best guess is there are some bad sectors on your first hard disk probably first few sectors of hard disk, try installing you second HDD as your primary harddisk and this one as secondary , it may solve your problem.
    It\'s all about sense of power.

It seems as though your master boot record has been messed up. I would guess. I have a website you can go to for directions on how to double boot windows and fedora on the same box. I have had problems with XP and mandrake 10 with the bootloader. So I hope this helps.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedor.../msg01957.html

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

You most likely installed some files for fedora onto the first hard disk (The one with XP) so now it doesn't know what to do when booting up.
    So i would format both drives and re-install XP then when installing fedora make it boot from a floppy or something..

just a thought

f2b:.

Well, it was linux fedora who killed my box, And again it was knoppix again save me. Which allow me to search online for help

You most likely installed some files for fedora onto the first hard dick
    I'm sorry, but bwahahahahahahha
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Sorry innocent mistake i swear

fronty

ha that was a funny one LOLl perharps the learning curve for linux is too deep for me.