Thread: Forums?

Forums?

How forums are made
    r they available on net for tweaking or we have to do the whole work for making forums
    THANX
    ----=E-criminal=----

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Depends on your experience. You can make your own forums (at the school I teach at, they have students make their own forums for the PHP course --- good learning experience).

If however that's not your cup of tea, there are a variety of forums/boards out there to try and play with (each has advantages and disadvantages):

Listing of a variety of php based forums
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

THANX

THANX
    ----=E-criminal=----

You could try useing phpBB for forums. I use it its pretty nice.

if you want something really simple.. and don't want to pay for hosts or can't be bothered to do a bit of leg work.. search google for .."remotely hosted" forums.. proboards.com should be at the top of that search.. it's not great but it's good for starting out..

kryptonic is right.. phpBB.. is the way to go for the most part.. if you're trying to do it right. (and free)

phpbb is not as good as IPB for beginner IMHO....i used phpbb and IPB, ipb is easier to use and more user friendly....

www.invisionboard.com

FREE !
    O.G at A.O

yeah... ©opy®ight i hear ya.. but in the end, the control panel for phpBB is better..

it's like playing a guitar.. like starting out learning on a les paul instead of an Ibanez..

well maybe that's not the best of comparisons.. with guitars it makes a big difference but..

let's just say that if you have a learning curve, start the curve on something you think you'd like to stick with.

but in the end, the control panel for phpBB is better..
    Oh hell no it's not....i like IPB because the ACP is better and easier to use, phpbb has way less links on the side menu to thinks, example, if you wanna dd an user as admin or change something you go through 5 screens (example) just to do it, in IPB you just enter the username at the index click find username, click edit details, and choose Override User with these permissions or just Change the group and click Save.....
    O.G at A.O

THANX

THX all brothers
    ----=E-criminal=----

well php and mysql, u need to know a lot of programming lang before making forums.