Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win XP

Win XP

OK so i am sitting in fron of my computer and right next to me is a labtop that belongs to my step dad and my sister. The labtop is running xp and it is password protected and this box is just stitting in front of me all day and nobody in my family uses it. This thing is brand new and i would sure like to take a look at it. Also it is running on the same wireless internet as my computer. If anybody can give me any type of help with my problem please let me know.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Uh.... do the words "Invasion of Privacy" mean anything? No offense but, personally, I would find it rather rude if someone broke into my machine without at least asking.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Why not just ask either your sister or your step-dad to make you an account so that you can login whenever.
    It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious. - Murphy

Some how i knew you guys/girls would respone to this in the manner that you did but nobody use's this box and it just sits here so privacy is not an issue. But i do understand your point and how am i ever going to learn if i dont ask.

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: Win XP

Originally posted here by Scarface212
    if anybody can give me any type of help with my problem please let me know
    So, what is your problem ? Sounds weird a shared laptop between stepdad and your sister.

Why don't they get their own machines? they're cheap enough these days.
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

BANNED
    You knew people would react that way so you were just testing the waters and hoping for a bite.
    If it's really your families computer just ask for the pass or for a login like you were told if it's not yours and you were just trying to figure out how to get in someone else's computer use google.

edit: some of us are poor Jm.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Some how i knew you guys/girls would respone to this in the manner that you did but nobody use's this box and it just sits here so privacy is not an issue.
    Doesn't matter. If it's their machine, then it's their property. It's still a matter of "Trespass". I agree with some of the other sentiments here: why not just ask for an account to be put on it so you can use it?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Why don't they get their own machines? they're cheap enough these days.
    Heh, speak for yourself, not all of us are rich
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Ah well I tried, maybe i was testing the waters a little bit. Guess I gotta learn the hard way. Back to the tutorials. HAHA It really was my step dads labtop I just thought i could try to get some Hands on experince I read alot but i just dont know where to go next.

P.S. Thanks for keeping me in check AO