Thread: Finding a picture in XP...

Question Finding a picture in XP...

On my user account (which has admin rights), I have a picture of my dog as the background. Today I was trying to find it and the other photos of my dog, and I can't find them! I have searched my HDD for them, but they haven't shown up. The picture that is still as my desktop background must have a backup file/temp file then, right?? Does anyone know where I could find this 'temp' file, which I think exists because if not it wouldn't be on my background!?!?

J_K9

YOu can go to start-> search and type in*.jpeg or *.bmp or w/e the file extension is you want, it'll find every picture on yout computer !

oh, the wallpaper temp file is located in

D:\Documents and Settings\AdmnOP Sys\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft
    O.G at A.O

YOu can go to start-> search and type in*.jpeg or *.bmp or w/e the file extension is you want, it'll find every picture on yout computer !
    the advice is good.. you may find better success if the search is on *.JPG..

cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

You might also find this free tool helpful, as it is a more thourough searcher.....

cheers. tidal.....

try this

go to display properties> background, in the wallpaper list identify the file that u r looking for, select that file and click on browse..... the browse window will take you to the directory that contains this file....

hope this helps
    keep smilling

go to display properties> background, in the wallpaper list identify the file that u r looking for, select that file and click on browse..... the browse window will take you to the directory that contains this file....
    It'll take him to the folder the file was in earlier (which i believe he knows since he did set-up the wallpaper earlier, he also asked where the temp wallpaper file ....

once again

LocalDrive:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\wallpaper1.jpg

which in my case is

D:\Documents and Settings\AdmnOP Sys\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\wallpaper1.jpg
    O.G at A.O

©opy®ight is correct, although I think you should give him the default route if he didn't create a user. However, chances are he did and if you take the route ©opy®ight gave to you then you'll be fine.

EDIT: Ahh I didn't see this:

On my user account
    Nevermind then. Where ©opy®ight put "Username" in that path, replace it with your user account name and that's your path. That and of course the local drive.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Thank you all VERY much!!! I found the wallpaper! Thanks you very much one last time,

J_K9