Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strike One!

Arrow Strike One!

Greetings

I was strolling thru securityfocus.com and lo and behold:

Strike One!

A New York judge did the right thing last week when he threw out a USA-PATRIOT Act provision that forced ISPs to secretly cooperate with the FBI, and gave them no obvious avenue for appeal.

By Mark Rasch Oct 04 2004 01:15PM PT

Rest of the story here:
    enjoy
    Connection refused, try again later.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    WOOT, nice...good to see this judge takin' it to the crib, hehe!
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

well, gentlemen, looks like there is a precedent contradicting at least one of the evil concessions made in the patriot act, this is a definite victory for the good guys. (or bad, depending on how you look at it) One thing that is certain is that digital freedom in the united states today is in better shape than before this happened... Three cheers for United States District Judge Victor Marrero! HIP HIP.....
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

its about time we start to get our freedoms back
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

When I read it, I got the distinct impression they were trying to get us to say "yea go ahead" to what they have already been doing anyway. Sorry, not today. And besides, they don't need it anyway.
    Connection refused, try again later.

OK i may be way out of line by saying this but I think FBI should be involved in working with the ISP. They are only trying to protect good people and get rid of the scum on this plant.

Lets just say there is a bad guy talkin to another bad on aol mail telling him when, where, and how to attack a certian building or worse yet a Individual. I wouldnt want aol to Notify that person and tell them that the FBI is checking out there mail. Would you???

Also I think because the time that we live in the goverment need to check out everybody good and bad. I consider the Patriot Act good thing it protects us all!

Scarface, you are obviously very young. Who decides who's good and who's bad? We need protections from our own government as much as anything else.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    If we have to sacrifice the very thing that makes the USA the USA and by that I mean freedoms of varying types in the name of security, we don't deserve either. Someone way more wiser and knowledgeable said that a long time ago and it applies even more so today.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

ttua i am not very young, there are to sides to every spectrum. I can understand how you might see things, but this world is too dangerous for there not to be a goverment to watch over things. Also I think me and you and the rest of us decide who is good or bad. And come on man lets not play dumb its very east to pick out good and bad. You got people running around this crazy world with bombs strapped to ther chest taking oout everybody in the room including themselves. We need to do whatever it take to put a stop to this!!!

If there is a Threat made on a someone or something, a serious threat, somebody should be watching. Weather they wish to stop it or not thats not up to me, but somewhere along the line society will learn fom it.

What they are doing is not messing with our freedom but it is Securing. Belive me when i say the goverment isnt interested t in what you had for dinner lastnigt or how dirty u talked to your girlfriend, but there are interested in the protection and secerity of u an me.

One Quick thing i hope this post doesnt piss anybody off i am really not trying to do that! I just wanted to express myself a little bit and just show you the other side.

**** The Man!

Down with the government!