Wmd??
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wmd??

Wmd??

Tonight wabc radio had john loftus on talking about documents released today by cns news.

On arriving home I did a search for them...here they are:

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewSpecialRe...20041004a.html

Exclusive: Saddam Possessed WMD, Had Extensive Terror Ties
    By Scott Wheeler
    CNSNews.com Staff Writer
    October 04, 2004

(CNSNews.com) - Iraqi intelligence documents, confiscated by U.S. forces and obtained by CNSNews.com, show numerous efforts by Saddam Hussein's regime to work with some of the world's most notorious terror organizations, including al Qaeda, to target Americans. They demonstrate that Saddam's government possessed mustard gas and anthrax, both considered weapons of mass destruction, in the summer of 2000, during the period in which United Nations weapons inspectors were not present in Iraq. And the papers show that Iraq trained dozens of terrorists inside its borders.

One of the Iraqi memos contains an order from Saddam for his intelligence service to support terrorist attacks against Americans in Somalia. The memo was written nine months before U.S. Army Rangers were ambushed in Mogadishu by forces loyal to a warlord with alleged ties to al Qaeda.

Other memos provide a list of terrorist groups with whom Iraq had relationships and considered available for terror operations against the United States.

Among the organizations mentioned are those affiliated with Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and Ayman al-Zawahiri, two of the world's most wanted terrorists. Zarqawi is believed responsible for the kidnapping and beheading of several American civilians in Iraq and claimed responsibility for a series of deadly bombings in Iraq Sept. 30. Al-Zawahiri is the top lieutenant of al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden, allegedly helped plan the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist strikes on the U.S., and is believed to be the voice on an audio tape broadcast by Al-Jazeera television Oct. 1, calling for attacks on U.S. and British interests everywhere.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    Iraqi intelligence documents, confiscated by U.S. forces and obtained by CNSNews.com, show numerous efforts by Saddam Hussein's regime to work with some of the world's most notorious terror organizations, including al Qaeda, to target Americans....
    How convenient for the election... But the one thing is, is that anybody can make up docs. Look what happened to Dan Ratter<however you spell his name>.

very true kurt_der_koenig which is why i put question marks in the title but this is going to be interesting for the next few days.

according to loftus some of these documents have been 'in house' for a while and hes been saying for about a month and a half now that there is going to be a big "release'" of information concerning wmd's in the beginning to mid october. as for timing, there is nothing wrong with holding back with a power punch until the optimum time... that is if it turns out to be true
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I don't see how these would alter peoples election opinion. Most have moved past WMD and are basing their vote on:

1. Don't care about WMD, Sadam was a spring board
    2. President lied and should not have gone to war
    3. WMD were so obvious that the whole affair is nothing short of politics
    4. President and Kerry had false intelligence.
    5. Kerry supported Saddams removal until he realized he wouldn't get votes based on it
    6. Under no circumstance did Bush and Congress have the right to deny a country of it's sovereignty
    7. The removal of suddam was supported just not the way Bush went about it
    8. WMD was a concern but non were found so the issue it restoring Iraq to a peacuful state.
    9. Regardless of the fallout or WMD status, United Nations resolutions and it's very existence depend SOLELY on it's ability to enforce statutes. Otherwise disband the thing.
    10. Same as nine but not in favor of disbandment.

11. Fascism is a front again, and any measure to deplete it's resources is supported
    12. Iraq was a lovely dictatorship and should be restores since the people don't want freedom.
    13. Stay the course
    14. Tuck and run
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    I don't see how these would alter peoples election opinion. Most have moved past WMD and are basing their vote on:...
    Very true. But now Bushy can use that evidence how he always does: "Hey looky here!, I told you he had WMD and worked with the terr'ist!" Which would polish his tarished record in his eyes!

If Bush is as ruthless and stupid as the left says, why would he care about the way he sees his own justification?
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

lets look at this with a very large grain of salt until a more reputable and unbiased news source pickes it up. cnsnews is a step belpw news max and that is saying something..hell if drudge touched this I would at least pretend to pay attention and hes a partisan hack.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Banned
    Am I the only one who's being confused by Rumsfeld?

October 3, Fox News

On WMD
    I believe they were there, and I’m surprised we have not found them yet.
    October 4, Council on Foreign Relations:

On the Iraq-Al-Qaeda link
    I have seen the answer to that question migrate in the intelligence community over the period of the year in the most amazing way. Second, there are differences in the intelligence community as to what the relationship was. To my knowledge, I have not seen any strong hard evidence that links the two.
    On WMD
    It turns out that we have not found weapons of mass destruction. And why the intelligence proved wrong, I'm not in a position to say... I simply don't know.

And then only a couple of hours later:
    He has said since September 2002 that there were ties between Osama bin Laden’s terror group and Iraq.
    “This assessment was based upon points provided to me by then-CIA director Mr George Tenet to describe the CIA’s understanding of the relation between the Al-Qaida and Saddam’s regime,” he said. This included “solid evidence of the presence in Iraq of Al-Qaida members, including some that have been in Baghdad."
    Pfew... and now there's "proof"?

i dont find it confusing at all. according to cns news, it appeared that nobody in the administration seemed to be aware of the documents but you can be sure they were made aware of them on october fourth when cns broke the story. it was the rush limbaugh gang that was screaming about them on the radio.

everyone appears to be very leary of the validity of these docs and therefore can not point to them directly as proof but rather they're depending upon them spreading on their own threw the media. as long as they dont directly use them they remain in the clear if they're found to be fictious but they still will indirectly add creadance to the statements they're making.

bush is schedueled to speak to the press this evening....wonder if this will be a part of it.

Umm again cns no credability, hopefuly for bush he dson't talk about it considering this http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...1991reportsays

seems a real report is being presented in fornt of the house inteligence commite today, the findings of intensive US research in post war iraq, all of the WMD's where distroyed in 1991.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?