Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: North Korea Trained 600 Hackers

Ect.

Not to get off topic to much, but I think the chinese soldiers, had a little to do with the issue also.

http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/events/kowar/kowar.htm

both china and n. korea have been doing this for years, speculation has it that they were responsible for the code red out break.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

AFLAAACKKK!!
    So how do you explain that most DoD wargame simulations run since 1991 have shown N. Korea to be the victor with extremely heavy losses to US troops and to S. Korean civilians?
    You have to keep in mind that was in 1991, and only 1991 according to that article you showed us. That was over a decade ago, now we got things like unmanned air craft and much more. And it only get's better from there, they estimate that in the year 2020, 1/3 of the US military will be robots.

If our government thought we could just walk all over the N. Koreans we would have taken them out before Iraq.
    Not true, the United States' focus was not in east asia, it was in the middle east, targeting the terrorists and people who aid them.

We should also be worried about their army of 1.6million troops and the other 3million reserve troops that they can muster.
    I did some research and if your numbers are correct, that means 1/4 of N. Korea's entire population is in the military!? I think not. I also highly doubt that the korean military permit many women to join, which makes your numbers even less accurate.

The Iraqi forces didn't have the ability to go and hide in underground bunkers or in mountains like the North Koreans can
    That's what the bunker buster bomb is used for . We also got the daisy cutters and that one bomb, I forget the name, but it sucks the oxygen out of anyone's lungs within a 5 mile radius of the bomb... or something like that .

Bottom line is, I never said it would be easy for the US to win, but we would win, if we really wanted to, with heavy casualties on both sides. But no country in the world can compete with the US air force. Once the US takes over the air, it's only a matter of time. Most of the North koreans have the fighting spirit, but they only have that spirit until the US unleashes their true firepower. The fire power you see in iraq today is nothing because we are worried about civilians. We get in true war with N. korea the military leaders won't give a rats ass about the civilians, especially if they are gonna use cheap tactics like chemical weapons. If they do use chemical weapons, the US population will get that "fighting spirit", and I guarentee you that the US will strike back with some form of nuclear weapons. And remember, we're not even sure if N. Korea has any nuclear weapons. If they do, they don't have enough to win a nuclear war with the US and it's allies.

P.S.

The US technology in the vietnam war was a joke... The united states might as well not even have any technology. The only technology the US really used was communication equipment.
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Well I have no worries. I have a read a few government books had a few relatives in the government (US) and we most definately do have the same type of setup here. We have government hackers/crackers. We just choose not to talk about it. I believe the reason being is because the government doesn't want to tell the public not to hack but it is ok for them to do it on a regular basis. The wars seem to be migrating from a force military to a more technological driven military.

Lets look at an example. Anyone read the story of MafiaBoy if not do so. We had the FBI on this case and we caught the kid. This was an international manhunt or boy hunt whatever you want to call it. And everyday more and more hackers get taken down by FBI agents posing as hackers. The majority of these agents are truly hackers just living off of out tax money and legitamately allowed hacking sites.

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    We would definitly win a war against N. Korea without a doubt.
    Yes maybe...Just some thoughts Duck.... How can we "hope" to win a war when we are already stretched too thin? And last time I checked the military isn't as big as it used to be because of the downsizing.
    Current military "known" deployments:::
    columbia:::http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/americ...mbia.americans
    Haiti:::http://www.inthesetimes.com/polls/index.php?poll_id=24
    Philippines:::http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...type=printable
    and of course Iraq and Afganistan!

The US technology in the vietnam war was a joke... The united states might as well not even have any technology. The only technology the US really used was communication equipment.
    Was it a joke?! What did we do, play hide and go seek?!? Com. equipment wasn't the only thing! Was this the part where you fell asleep in history class????-jk. I cringe to say this<because of my blood> but during WW2 German technology was the best<l337> in the world and the allies had coffins on wheels and pop guns and still were able to win- well because the mass amount of soldiers and ability to make more but thats another thread. What I'm trying to say is that weapons are not everything, its the ability to outsmart your enemy and use your forces effectively or the just the blant amount of soldiers you have and the knowing will to have them slaugthered for your cause. During the Viet'nam war we had superior weapons especially when compared to the VC and they still wooped our ass. Just thoughts

No one will launch a nuke...the moment one person does, there is nothing left to lose. Every country with one in its possesion will then launch theirs. Its called a zero-sum game.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Custom User
    The Duck, I don't understand why you don't believe that many women could be in the N. Korean army. I don't know much about them, but if they are even slightly communist (as apposed to pretending to be communist), they would probably have quite a few women in the army since one communist value is equality between sexes.

But I'm not sure that N. Korea is actually communist, so perhaps that point doesn't apply.

ac

i think america is waiting on a time bomb, america & the uk has dominated the world for centuries and this has only been possible through force and power of better technologies. the longer time goes on the easier it is for people to get hold of and utilise extremely effective and dangerous technologies and information resources. with the birth of the internet the rest of the world now has its chance to fight on an almost level playing field. as computers and the internet gets cheaper and more easily accessable more and more people are going to start thinking about 'computer warfare'. We do see it but not with wide enough eyes, we are at the start of a new era and for once we will not posess contol that we rely on to sustain our greedy ways of life.
    The more you know, the less you understand!

Interesting ..

I, like many, had been “lurking” AO for quite a while before joining, years in fact. Then about a year and a half ago I saw a post about strange scans. I did a little research on the scans, got a little excited, joined AO to post my findings on the topic, did more research before posting and found that the scans were very specific toward ports registered with companies which manufactured and/or designed switches, valves, hardware, software, or offered security specifically for telecommunications and powerplants. Being a newbie I thought no one would listen to me, and being paranoid thought a post with those findings would attract government scrutiny towards me, so I quickly deleted my findings. With DoD wiping! I never posted those findings. ( sigh.... )

The point ( to connect this to the thread ) although I don’t remember where those scans originated from, at the same time period I had an alarming number of extremely annoying and intrusive scans originating from N. Korea, many from universities. So to hear they have trained hackers is not by any means a surprise.

And to kurt_der_koenig, I don’t know why you keep apologizing for being German ( if you are ) and WWII . Were you alive? Did you start the war? I believe ( records are sketchy ) that I am 2nd generation American of German decent. My Grandfather actually fought against the Germans in WWI in the American army. And I personally know ( or knew ) former German soldiers who did serve during WWII and they are (were ) decent people.
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

Originally posted here by MilitantEidolon

Lets look at an example. Anyone read the story of MafiaBoy if not do so. We had the FBI on this case and we caught the kid. This was an international manhunt or boy hunt whatever you want to call it. And everyday more and more hackers get taken down by FBI agents posing as hackers. The majority of these agents are truly hackers just living off of out tax money and legitamately allowed hacking sites.

- MilitantEidolon [/B]
    MafiaBoy was canadian so the GRC caught him by tapping his phoneline not the FBI! Besides that guy was really a dump kid