Thread: Watchguard Firebox 1000 - NEED HELP!!

Watchguard Firebox 1000 - NEED HELP!!

hey guys, what's up?? I'm looking for help with a Watchguard Firebox 1000 Firewall with version 5 software. I'm not a huge fan of these firewalls but I have to get this one working. To make a long story short, the configuration of the firewall got all screwed up. I finally got into the firewall but I can't access the internet. The ISP the company is using is Optimum Online Business Class (don't ask why) and I can't get it to grab an IP from DHCP for the life of me. I called tech support and they told me to have the users pay for an upgrade in the firmware because version 7 asks you how you want to setup; either DHCP or Static. Version 5 doesn't have this option. I'm looking for some help here BAD.

I've gone into the network configuration through the policy manager and I can't get it to find a DHCP server from the ISP. Any suggestions??
    \"Success is my only option, failure is not\" - Eminem

I have worked with a Firebox a while ago. My setup was like this:

I used the firewall as if it was in drop-in mode and just configured the thing as I needed.

There is usually alittle button on the thing that says reset. If you want to reset all the settings to factory hold that button for like 10 - 30 sec and that will do it.

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Connect a computer directly to the net, (put up zonealarm or whatever if you are paranoid). Make the internet connection. Do an IPconfig and look at the settings. Tell the watchguard to do the drop-in config and set the settings to match the Ipconfig settings. Then set the computer back to the NAT settings and you should go right through.

The issue is that the DHCP is not recognized by the watchguard.... So "learn" the DHCP info and apply it to the watchguard as a fixed config
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

^ ^ ^ He is the man to listen to he helped me get my Firebox up awhile ago.

^ ^ ^

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

thanks.. I will try it in the morning!!!

thanks dude. you rule.. sorry for the late reply.

omg, for how long did you sleep?

lol

not even that. i just forget alot and then i come back to post and feel like a deuche for not replying back