Thread: Print Screen

Print Screen

Does anybody know of any good/free print screen software?

You mean software to make screenshots or print screenshots? What do you want to do?
    Bleh.

Yes and or both.

If you want one to take a screen shot of your computer screen all you have to do is, Press the print screen (or prnt scrn on some keyboards) key then go into paint (or any image program) and paste it there. If you want a program to print the screen (literally as in take a screen shot then print it out) all you have to do is press the Print Screen Button, paste it in paint then press Ctrl+P or File > Print.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Banned
    I think he means software that will _spy_ (used loosely, or better yet, monitor) his computer by taking screen shots and saving them... am I right?

Nope i want to copy a window in dos for school.

Banned
    Agh, thats easy, just do what Raion said... top right of your keyboard you have prt scr button, press it, then go into some sort of image editing program, click paste, and there you have a picture of your screen.

to add to whats already been said you can paste your screen shot directly into a word document
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Here are a few free screen capture proggies.

I have not used any of these and I usually just do the - Print Screen - Function located on my keyboard. But sometimes there is need for different things so here are some FREE legal proggies.

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/gmm/fwscreen.html

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

Just Another Geek
    To add just a little to the Print Screen option.

If you press ALT-Print Screen you'll get a snapshot of the currently active window.

I'd advice against directly pasting the screenshot in Word. It'll past it as an BMP. If you have a high resolution, 24bit color screen your Word document will get HUGE if you past a few screenshots.

Best thing is to past it in some paint program (Paintshop, Photoshop etc.) and save the image as jpg then import it into Word.

Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.