Thread: firefox question

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

firefox question

hey im not sure if this is the right place to put this but i hope so! well anyway today i decided i was finally sick of IE so i DL'ed firefox for the first time and i really like it except for one annoying error i keep getting, it says something like: "Alert this document contains no data, so i click ok twice and the message goes away, then im free to look at the page. also i have a problem viewing www.ubisoft.com i dont know why because im sure it is the correct address and it is the only website i get an error with. i get a "page cannot be displayed or page cant be found error. thanx bye.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

I am trying to pinpoint your problem and answering these few question will better assist in this process.

What OS are you running on?
    Did you DL the latest version of Firefox?
    Did you DL the latest patches for Firefox and your OS?
    If it is Windows based did you do a restart since you installed it?
    What type of internet connection are you running?

{edit} here is a good site to look at http://texturizer.net/firefox/faq.html {/edit}

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

im running XP fully patched, P4,384 megs of ram,120 GB HD. i have DSL, i havent restarted since i DL'ed firefox, i dont know how to DL patches for firefox or if i even need them... if so please tell me how. anything else?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

If you go to that link I provided you will be able to learn how to DL and implement patches for FireFox.

I think restarting may help I know that I had a problem for a bit until I restarted. I think it had to do with my internet connection. Or just reset you internet connection though C prompt.

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

im sorry the link you gave me didnt work but, i did take all your other advice thanx! if u want to repost that link i would like that thanx bye.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Banned
    Go to mozilla.org, download the latest version of Firefox and install it.... easiest way to "patch". If it only happens on that page, then it might be a problem with their side and not yours but install the latest version of Firefox and try again.

ok will do. thanx
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

********** |ceWriterguy
    Tex, I get that error surfing here sometimes when I open like 10 or 12 at once - it's usually the ads at the top of the page that give the error - and I see some kind of sourcecode instead of the ad itself, but can browse the page quite nicely still. Since it doesn't interfere with what I really want to look at, I just ignore it, count my blessings, and continue.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

ok cool thanx for all your help... im glad its not a fatal error
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted