Thread: Java Status??

Java Status??

Hello guys!!!
    I was wondering that what is the status of the status of Java Programming language with respect to C#. Does C# pose any threat to Java?
    Just interested in knowing the views of Antionline Community.
    Cheers
    U get What U pay for.

Elite Hacker
    I like java, but have never used C#. I don't know about posing a threat, but I've heard a lot of good things about C#. I'm sure they both will live on and have their uses. Peace.

Java is currently one of the most popular languages, and while C# may be growing, I doubt it's adoption is at a point where it can threaten Java's hold. Java has either more or about the same number of developers as C++ last I read, so it may take C# quite a while to catch up.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Ninja Code Monkey
    Java has been around a long time and has been in competition with c++ and visual basic for the most part. C# is picking up and further eating away at Java's share of developers. In the end however, it really all boils down to which language is most appropriate for the project at hand and where the developers skills lie.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

thanx for your views Guys,
    It ia appreciated
    U get What U pay for.

One of my buddys works with c#.net creating asp.net applications, Microsoft always trys to be a threat to everyone, the bastards, the .net framework is Microsoft doing to Sun (and others) what they did to netscape
    A mind full of questions has no room for answers