Thread: Computer Career

Computer Career

Right now I am studing computer networking, but i am a little worried. Some people have told me that jobs in the computer industry are depleting. Also they have said that trades and services will be the top paying jobs. I sure hope not!! When I get my CNA and my A+ i hope i can find a job.

The reason why i am posting is to see if any of you know if this is true or not. Now I know that the job market as a whole isnt doing very well. But as for the technology if you have the skills will you always be able to find a job?? I very much like to hear what you guys/girls think.

********** |ceWriterguy
    If you're willing to move to go to where the demand for your specialty is, then yes. Otherwise, you might consider something else. CNA - you're talking Novell Admin, right? that's a one course certification - worthless on the outside other than proving you know how to use it. Keep on to your CNE, and you'll find it's only worth a little bit more. Right now the hot certs are MCSE, CCNE, etc. Now, at the most basic levels, they're really not that different - it's just a matter of who you're paying your money to in order to get your cert. I'd ultimately suggest learning both M$'s and Cisco's.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

I agree, the larger your skill set is the more valuable you will be to an employee. Right now I am also a student studying computer network systems. The course I am enrolled in covers some programming, windows and non windows based operating systems, database development and a ton network classes. I hope having skills other then just networking will help give me an edge over other prospective employees.

Hey digital ,

Its true that the networking field is kindda dull now. But remember that there's always
    room for the skilled, no matter what be the scope !

PacKetThirst