Connection Sharing problem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connection Sharing problem

Banned

Connection Sharing problem

well i just got a ADSL connection and there is a router with switch so we share the internet connection.. and there is only 1 Global IP for the router but my ip is : 10.0.0.1
    and i just installed an FTP server !!
    how can i access my PC or my FTP throught a Remote pc !! out of the network
    i mean that this is my pc ip now : 10.0.0.1 ! what will it be if the router ip is : 217.0.0.1 for example

10.0.0.1 is your local IP, to look at your global IP goto http://whatismyip.com

A local IP is an IP that can only be accessed by you and anyone else on your network (except for 127.0.0.1 that is also a local IP but can only be used by you).
    A Global IP is the opposite, it's avalible to any internet user.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

You'll also need to configure your router to allow your FTP traffic in. Usually done by logging into your router (For me its 192.168.1.1, but for you it seems like the address will be 10.0.0.1, i may be wrong though). Then from there its different for all routers, but you'll need to find the port fowarding tab, then just configure it for whatever port range your router is using, and your network assigned IP (10.0.0.101 maybe?)
    It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious. - Murphy
    CooLL.Net

Banned
    Originally posted here by Raion
    10.0.0.1 is your local IP, to look at your global IP goto http://whatismyip.com

A local IP is an IP that can only be accessed by you and anyone else on your network (except for 127.0.0.1 that is also a local IP but can only be used by you).
    A Global IP is the opposite, it's avalible to any internet user.
    i swear i know that !! but if i go to a page like : whatismyip.com or showip.com
    it shows the ROUTER IP ! its 1 global ip for 2 pcs with 2 local ips
    i want my pc Global IP !

Banned
    Originally posted here by SirSub
    You'll also need to configure your router to allow your FTP traffic in. Usually done by logging into your router (For me its 192.168.1.1, but for you it seems like the address will be 10.0.0.1, i may be wrong though). Then from there its different for all routers, but you'll need to find the port fowarding tab, then just configure it for whatever port range your router is using, and your network assigned IP (10.0.0.101 maybe?)
    ITS ALLOWED ! http,ftp,telnet services are allowed
    look for example in local a ftp server is running : ftp://10.0.0.1/
    So what about the Global !!! if its 1 ip for 2 pcs !!

Banned
    Thats why you have port forwarding, you set up your router to take all traffic to port 21 (FTP) and direct it toward the server's local IP.

Banned
    well its the idea!! but what if 2 servers in 2 pcs !!!!

Banned
    Are both of them FTP servers or is one an FTP and the other is an HTTP server or a mail server?

Banned
    its only 1.. but what if i want to make the other also a ftp server !!
    and the same problem if i want to make 1 webserver in each PC i cant forward http to 1 pc

Banned
    Running them off different ports is the easy solution, by default, FTP is on 21, make one FTP server run on 21, and then have the other 8001 or whatever port floats your boat.... same with HTTP, by default, most servers run on 80, set one up on 80, and then have the other on 8000.

Now there is also a way called clustering which I haven't the slightest clue about, but I'm sure Google would help you with that.