Thread: Seeing through the *****'s

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar

Seeing through the *****'s

This probably isnt the right forum but ive been looking for a lil program that allows you to move your mouse over a password box, and it reveals what the astrix's are. does anyone have a copy or a source for me?? thanks.

I ask cause ive seen it around and i just want to get an inlook into this area of 'cryptography' and thought this would be good. not only that but it helps sometimes to have things like that when you forget saved passwords

Anyways, any help appreciated.

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    You mean like these:

Behind Asterisks
    DA Password Recovery
    Show Password

Here's a Google Search that will help you find others.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I *think* www.analogx.com has one also.
    Hi.

the ones that i have experience with dont work on 2k and up.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Tedob1: Same with me.

I can say that if its Win9x...you can use something called "Peek-A-Boo", but the other links above are probably more helpful.

A_T
    Geek isn't just a four-letter word; it's a six-figure income.

try cain and able from oxid.it

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    Cheers guys,

will check them out. and yea, its kinda a bummer cause i noticed that not many of them worked at all, im on xp pro. but im sure i will find something sooner or later... heh, but its all good. i just use them on my old 98 machine when i wanna play around with them

Thanks for the help guys,

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Banned
    if its windows PW box your trying to get, use Snads Revelation. that is the original asterisk remover, and i believe the source is available now, i could be wrong. but even so if your on nux and have winex etc you can use it still perhaps. let me know if it does work on nux.

Hi all,
    please check the following link Code Guru.com

It mentions one program called PwdSpy, which worked on my 2K box..
    The author has provided the source and above all, another proggy to counter the effect of the pwdspy tool..