WinXp service help

Thread: WinXp service help

WinXp service help

i have disabled some of the service of winxp using services.msc. but now i have a popup msg "the directory service is currently unavailable" i am not sure which service should i enable back to make it work. google it but it seems not much results for this.

system admin.. need ya help

You get an error when trying to do what ? is it in Outlook maybe ?
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

when i try to do a shutdown timer on computer.

you mean you go to ms-dos or Start-run and type in "shutdown -s -t 18000 (for 18000 seconds) ?? thats an ms-dos command that should reqiere a service to run, but i may be wrong, if thats not what you're talking about, then what is a shutdown timer ? If you mean the Program Shutdown timer . then look at the programs website...or the help file or FAQ ...

btw if you do use a program, then why ? you can do the shutdown -s -t 12000 way. to cancel just type in shutdown -a and it aborts, thats what i've always used
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

i did a shutdown -i. and i browse the computer to shutdown. the message directorty service unavailble appears.

I'm still looking for the service thats causing that but my best guess for now is the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service, try that one....i'll keep looking !

Originally posted here by 妯py展ght
    I'm still looking for the service thats causing that but my best guess for now is the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service, try that one....i'll keep looking !
    AFAIK, RPC seems to be a core service it can't be turn off. Well