Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing Ntldr!!!!!

Missing Ntldr!!!!!

hey guys i have a big problem! my computer will not boot up wiithout this file. so what i did was copy the ntldr and ntdetect from my xp cd and put it on a hard disk. but when i try to boot my other computer with the problem with the hard disk it says I/O error something like that. can someone plzz help me im dieing here
    Signature image is too wide!
    Signature image is too tall!

Can you boot into safe mode, or to the recovery consol? Or can you boot to the installation disk and then to the repair consol?
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Hmmm,

Not sure what you have done/ or trying to do.

What do you mean by "hard disk"?

I would simply try to boot from the XP CD and run the repair function.

You seem to be talking about 2 computers here............do they both have WinXP?

More details please

Ok let me go into detail my comp will not even boot from the cd because i inserted the cd in the F: drive and nothing happend it just kept coming up with the error "NTLDR missing press ctl+alt+delete to restart".

As i mean in hard disk i mean a diskett (A:/)

i did use two computers one for using to copy the ntldr files and the other with the problem.

as for the console recovery i dont know how to get to that or safe mode. Aperantly i cant do anything but get into the bios.

isnt safe mode F8 if so then it just loads up to the bios.

but when i enter the diskett into the A:/ and turning on the computer it reads it but then it says I/O error.

First move,

Go into your BIOS setup (there will be a prompt when the box powers up) You need to check your boot sequence

Floppy Drive
    CD Drive
    Hard Drive

Load the CD then reboot and let us know what happens.

BTW The A:/ drive is your 3.5" floppy. If it is not bootable, then nothing will happen, apart from the error message

Cheers

I would suggest that you go here: http://support.microsoft.com/default...0994#appliesto and create yourself some Boot Disks. It will take approx. 6 floppies to do this, but it will load your box with the same XP boot sequence that your installation CD would. Then you can either fix the problem or reformate completely and reinstall your system.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Regal Making Handler
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

ok i was able to boot from the cd but i forgot my password to my admin lol i thinck this is where im on my own. (I DONT KNOW IT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

No wait the other option is to boot from the 6 disks right?

You should not be being asked for the Admin password if you have booted from the CD.

You should get the option to install or repair. I have not done this for a while but I think you take the install option and it will then ask if you want to repair or re-install. It is NOT boot with CD support or whatever.

If you have forgotten your Admin pass I would recommend reformatting and a clean install, that should get rid of all your problems............then write the new password down and use the facility to create a password recovery diskette.

Cheers

Unless you have set up an admin password..it is Blank.. ie just hit enter..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr