Thread: Loading Stall

Loading Stall

Ok, here's the dilemma. I boot up my computer, everything operates "as it should" and the desktop shows up. As explorer.exe is loading (MS 2kpro OS) it stalls. Task manager shows it operating with 99% of the CPU thus, nothing else will load or operate. I think it occured because of uninstalling and reinstalling programs recently. How do I fix this? I have the OS disk, but the computer will not boot with the disk to reload or repair the problem. I have tried to reinstall the OS after booting up the computer, but it doesn't recognize the product key code that I have. Hmm.

but the computer will not boot with the disk to reload or repair the problem.
    Did u make sure that the boot order is good, that it boot from the CD first then floppy or hard drive or w/e you want ?

but it doesn't recognize the product key code that I have.
    Oh geeze....ever herad of a search engine, you can find millions of keys online....oh btw: how do you expect to repair the problem if you boot off the CD if it won't accept you key anyways !
    O.G at A.O

Just Another Geek
    Try turning off (or down) your virusscanner. See if that speeds up the boot.

If it does your virusscanner is probably a bit of a hog. Does it check all filetypes? Or just the default ones?
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Two other things that can cause the same problems is that you need to defrag your HD and run scandisk/checkdisk on the system.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown