Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tired of Counter-Strike

Cuz I've pos'ed him up already for another post that he didn't deserve negs for... And anyway isn't it better to be asking why (for informational purposes) why someone got negged than whining about your own? Personally I'd rather see a bunch of people on here saying "Why'd you neg this guy for this?" "AHHH YOU NEGGED ME WHY WHY WHY!!!"

Different point of views between you and I I suppose...

And I care because I am too damned curious for my own good... I think most geeks can relate to that one
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

I suppose we do have different point of views. But thats what makes the world go round.

But would it not be more efficient to PM Dave and ask him who negged him, open a conference room and talk about it between the people who negged him than to ask everyone? Use a chat room if you need to. For all you know the people who negged him will never see your post asking why and you will never get your answer. People negged him for a reason. They probably typed it int he comment box when they assigned him. That might be a good place to start for your quest to know "why".

Now lets stop screwing up someone elses thread by taking it offtopic talking about negs.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

My appologies to the thread starter............this is off topic/

Why did Dave get negged for this? Just wondering... I could understand like a 25% hit for repeating information or something but damn...
    I think that Mr T's arrogance, and his multiple AO lives have made him a bit of a target?

Not to me personally, of course (I have never negged him in my life, well to my knowledge that is).............I am old, wise and rich enough to ignore little boys

But, had I the misfortune to live in Illinois, I certainly would NOT send my children to Lake Park High School...............they do not teach manners and intellectual humility there?

I hope that answers your question?

Ahem ... lets get back to the topic
    \

wat i did was enabled packet and port filtering on the switch and asked the switch to drop any packet acting on a certain port to be droped simple huh ?

but the kids are way smarter ...

they use intels new centrino technolgy

they connect through wireless ... (peer-to-peer) and go on! \
    some one mentioned this was a war that i would never win ...

youa re so damn right ... but i ll fight ... and i ll fight till i get fired for letting those kids play !

I guess that takes us back to policies and enforcement.

You need your principal to back you up. No unauthorised software..............

The "random surprise software audit" has been known to work wonders

I am not sure of the practicality, but I have worked in EW and ECM for quite a while, and I would just get the guys to build me a jammer Or maybe a wardriving scanner, so you can pick them up when they turn the WiFi on?

I think that the "audit" approach is your best bet.

Cheers

What's a jammer do?
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

/slightly off topic

What's a jammer do?
    Basically blocks transmissions of radio/radar signals in a frequency or range of frequencies. The concept is like a scanner, but is proactive, as it blocks (jams) the signal. Hence its use in electronic warfare and electronic counter measures.

Crudely speaking, it produces a much more powerful local signal that interferes with the original.

You can get them to jam speed trap radars (illegal though!)

Ah, the good ol' days when i used to give my computer lab's teacher headaches... (when I was on 7th) Now I know how she felt =P Too bad i dont have these classes anymore. Once I got her pw and accessed some of the teacher's files looking for um... maybe test results, maybe the answers... who knows?. Well, it turned out they weren't there. I did however, find in the science lab's file, a picture of a man swallowed whole by a snake with his legs out of it's mouth... hehe =P

That's when my teacher got too close and we (my lab partner) had to close everything before she saw it =/

I always managed to install games, even when she blocked installations. Every week/month she reinforced it. Maybe she needed to visit AO more often

Try to get the principal to hire you a lab assistant to walk around the classroom while you teach. They may end up helping for other things