Thread: Windows 2003 Default NTFS Permission

AO French Antique News Whore

Windows 2003 Default NTFS Permission

This is not a tutorial but I think it does deserve to be post here because the information could prove very useful. If a mod wants to move it, feel free.

I’m a big fan of NTFS permission. I love to know all the NTFS permission that my system has. A while ago, I found a nice utility from Microsoft call XCACLS.VBS. XCACLS allow you to output and change all the NTFS permission in a command prompt. For more information, you can check http://support.microsoft.com/?id=825751

Today, I was installing a new a Windows 2003 Server. As soon that I finished the installation, I ran XCACLS and ask him to output me all the NTFS permission of all folder and file on my C: (xcacls.vbs c:\*.* /T >> Log.txt )

I’m posting here the output file (Log.txt) in hoping it can help people who need to know the default NTFS permission when tweaking NTFS permission. Good Luck!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Yes, and when you're done with the output and realize that you need to ratchet down the box pronto, go grab everyone2user. A tool that changes all ACLs from everyone to user just as the name suggests. This gives you a real nice starting point in securing a Windoze box.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden